Young & Hungry
Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under eighteen years or older.
Young & Hungry (stylized as “young & HUNGRY”) is an American comedy sitcom that has ran from June 25, 2014 to July 25, 2018.
Feisty young food blogger Gabi is desperate for a job. When she finds out wealthy tech entrepreneur Josh needs a personal chef, she wants the position. But Gabi must prove herself to Josh's aide, Elliot, who would rather have his boss hire a famous chef. Gabi gets help from best friend Sofia and Josh's housekeeper, Yolanda, in order to turn the opportunity into employment... and maybe love.
Why We're Not Hungry For This "Sitcom"
- Out of all the sitcoms Freeform made, this is the most unnecessary, as it does absolutely nothing that hasn't been done before by other, often better, Freeform sitcoms. Except for possibly having even worse jokes, plots, dialogue and characters than most of them (which is saying so much), but that's still not a good achievement in the slightest.
- In a way, it’s a rip-off of 2 Broke Girls (which isn't any better), since both shows is about two young women who are broke and living in a really small apartment, not to mention both shows even had at least one female protagonist working in a diner.
- Similar to seasons 6 through 8 of SpongeBob SquarePants, most of the episodes are either stupid, bland, annoying, idiotic, nonsensical or have horrendous plots that are nothing but pure filler.
- The acting, while most of it is good, can be bad and cringeworthy at times.
- Its summary just feels bland and boring.
- The characters are extremely unlikable.
- Gabi, the main protagonist, is a very bland, annoying, blonde stereotype whom is a spoiled brat that whines about everything not going her way. In a way, she is a bad rip-off of Caroline Channing from 2 Broke Girls (who isn't a well-written character to begin with) who co-incidentally is also a blonde, but with none of the charm and likability Caroline had.
- Elliot is a mean-spirited Asian stereotype who has terrible insults and is extremely mean to Gabi and always ratting her out.
- Yolanda is a horrible employee as she barely works and doing her job.
- At least she is a good friend to Gabi and is always there when she needs her
- Sofia is supposed to be the more sensible friend but she is actually a huge selfish jerk who always want to control Gabi. She gets even worst in season 5.
- Josh is a very hypocritical boss and boyfriend to Gabi, Also he is very jealous of Cooper and Gabi’s relationship (when they was in a relationship)
- The character have stereotypical personalities such as the annoying blond, the loud black woman, the baggy latina, the boss who thinks he can boss his employees personal life.
- Sexual, cringeworthy, trashy, weak, unfunny, corny and forced humor.
- The writing is so god awful with no effort put in to it whatsoever.
- Huge wastes of talents from Emily Osment, Aimee Carrero, Kim Whitley and others.
- The laugh track plays at the lines that isn’t even funny at all.
- Very cheap crappy comedy with lots of potty humor.
- Elliot is possibly the worst character of all as he just sit there and just tries to get Gabi fired or does things to try to make her quit.
- Like The Thundermans, the whole show is predictable which shows how much stuff in this show was used before so many times.
- While the acting is good, it can be bad at times.
- The laugh track plays at the unfunniest lines, which is a recurring theme in lots of bad sitcoms.
- In “Young & No More Therapy”, Gabi was being a huge hypocrite and was using “you kissed your therapist” for an excuse for all the bad things she has done.
- Poor soundtrack.
- The series ended off on a cliffhanger as the show ends off not showing if Gabi is getting married.
- TONS of fans were disappointed.
- Josh thinks he can control his employees personal life choices.
- He also stole Gabi’s motorcycle because he doesn’t want her riding it when ITS HER PROPERTY. Just because she is your employee and your girlfriend does NOT mean you can control her.
- He also controls her on who to date.
- It overuses so much unnecessary and out of place dating drama.
- Episode “Young & Fostered” Keisha was very homophobic towards her foster-parents.
- Gabi Diamond is a very forgettable and bland protagonist.
- The characters have very idiotic and annoying egos that makes the show annoying to even watch.
- Sofia is always portrayed as the “good guy” but she always trying to control Gabi (sounds familiar?). She always wanna be right about everything.
- So many unfunny sexual jokes not even one of them are funny.
- Some of Gabi's outfits, while most of them are beautiful, can be ugly.
- Most of the characters must be so hypocritical such as tell somebody not what to do and they do that thing. Mostly Josh.
- The show rating is highly inappropriate to be rated TV-14 as it has so many sex jokes and makes references to alcohol, sex, getting drunk, homophobia, death, almost dying and getting high.
- So much cliché after chiché.
- Josh and Gabi’s relationship is SO FREAKING ANNOYING as they always get into arguments about the silliest things ever.
- Gabi and Sofia is kinda like CeCe and Rocky from Shake it Up, since they’re both really mean-spirited towards each other.
- Stars Emily Osment from Hannah Montana and a hilarious comedian Kym Whitley
- Both Emily Osment (Gabi) and Aimee Carrero (Sofia) have really great onscreen chemistry together.
- Decent acting.
- The laugh track is sometimes played appropriately.
- It's nice to see Emily Osment star in a more adult show.
- Betty White from The Golden Girls made 2 guest appearances in episodes “Young & Valentines Day” and “Young & Vegas Baby”.
- Season 5 is a slight improvement over the first 4 seasons.
- Catchy theme songs.
- Some good and funny episodes such as “Young & Valentine’s Day”, “Young & Mexico” (Part 1 & 2), “Young & Kiki”, “Young & Hurricane”, “Young & Lottery”, “Young & Rachael Ray”, “Young & Old” and “Young & Thirty (...and getting married!)”.
- Some of Elliot’s insults are good.
- Some funny moments here and there.
- Yolanda is a likable character.
Episodes With Their Own Pages
Despite having a 7.4 on IMDb, the show was critically panned by critics and audiences. It's considered one of the most laziest and predictable modern sitcoms ever made.
- As said in GQ#1 It stars Emily Osment from Hannah Montana.
- It stars hilarious comedian Kym Whitley.
- Ashley Tisdale from The Suite Life of Zack & Cody produced this show and she guest starred in episodes “Young & Lesbian”, “Young & Munchies” and “Young & Sofia” as Logan Rawlings.
- It was supposed to get a movie with a proper ending but Freeform canceled that too.
- Aimee Carrero guess starred on a Hannah Montana episode called ”For (Give) a Little Bit” as Mia.