Yakity-Sax (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Yakity-Sax is the 18th episode in the eighth season of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
Pinkie Pie picks up playing a bizarre instrument as a new hobby, but her friends get annoyed by her inability to play it.
Why It Yuckity-Sux
- The main problem (and biggest problem) with this episode is that this episode does not understand Pinkie Pie as a character at all. Pinkie Pie is the Element of Laughter, and her life's purpose is to throw parties and make other ponies happy. This episode just makes the viewer believe that playing the yovidaphone is her life's main purpose. It does not make sense at all for her and her character.
- It's just illogical, and it feels like the two writers of this episode did not see a Pinkie Pie episode in their entire lives.
- Pinkie Pie's playing of the yovidaphone is not only extremely annoying and disturbing, but also destructive too. Her friends had every right to call her out.
- The episode shows that Pinkie Pie also doesn't care about her friends' feelings when her playing got into their usual hobbies/jobs.
- After being called out for playing the yovidaphone, Pinkie Pie turns completely depressed and whiny, which is the complete opposite of what her character is supposed to be, as explained above.
- She ends up being so cold and depressed to her friends no matter how hard they try to cheer her up, and she just ditches them and moves away from Ponyville so she can play her instrument at a place where her music is appreciated. Which is pretty selfish for her!
- Missed opportunity: Yona could've been a part of this episode, as the yovidaphone is an instrument part of her culture and it could've helped shape out the plot a bit better.
- The episode was supposed to present a moral to be supportive of others' hobbies, even if you don't exactly like them that much, but it was portrayed extremely poorly in this episode, as Pinkie's hobby affected her friends' lives in such negative ways and she didn't even care.
- Extremely Bad Moral: When your play an expensive loud instrument in front of your people when they were sometimes overworked or quiet. You become depressed, whiny and ditched them just because people don't care about the expensive loud instrument, but it's totally not.
- The rest of the Mane 6 did try their best to help her out.
- There are a few jokes in the episode that some might find funny, like Fluttershy mistaking the yovidaphone for a hurt animal.