Rob Dyrdek's Wild Grinders (or simply known as Wild Grinders) is an American animated television sitcom created and produced by former skateboarder Rob Dyrek. It aired on Nicktoons and Teletoon from 2012 to 2015.
The show follows Lil' Rob and his friends getting into wacky adventures as they skateboard their way out.
Why It Sucks
- Bad animation the character movements in particular, are very stilted and somewhat limited.
- Annoying voice acting.
- It has way too much slang.
- It rips off way better shows, including Rocket Power, Johnny Test (two other Nickelodeon and Teletoon cartoons) and Dennis and Gnasher.
- It even uses a handful of sound effects that were also used in Johnny Test, including the infamous whip crack sound.
- Stereotypical and one dimensional characters.
- Meaty's voice in Season 2 is more annoying than ever.
- The art style is similar to the one the Nutshack uses, and that of Pixel Pinkie as well.
- Laughably bad pacing
- Horrid designs for most of the characters, especially the design for Goggles.
- Most of the plots are dull and boring.
- The show tries to be hip, but fails.
- Lazy visual effects.
- Stubford Hucksterball can be considered a Butt-Monkey since he gets tortured in many mean-spirited ways.
- Lil' Rob is an unlikable protagonist, all he cares about is skateboarding and he does not care about his family for example in the episode called "Golden Grinders", he wants to get adopted by a rich family just to get better skateboarding stuff and being famous showing that he cares more about skateboarding and being famous than his own family.
- On top of that he also seems like a poor man's version of Johnny Test, however unlike Rob, Johnny is shown to care about his family and is very heroic while Lil' Rob is just an obnoxious selfish stereotypical brat who cares about nothing but skateboarding.
- His habit of saying "WHAAAAAT?!" can get very annoying for some people.
- Annoying attempts at humor which sometimes just consists of gross-out, toilet humor with running gags throughout episodes just being how Meaty's farts are stinky.
- Unnecessary Jurassic Park reference in the episode "Roman Grinders".
- The backgrounds are really choppy looking.
- Catchy music, including its theme song and end credits.
- Some passable character designs.
- The show did improve a bit in season two, although not saying much.
- The animation and character movement became smoother in season 2.
- The European Portuguese and Arabic dubs can also be considered improvements (at-least when it comes to the voice acting), but then again, not by much.
- Some funny moments here and there.
- It was of the more successful Nicktoons originals, and also one of the more well-known ones at the time.
- Jay Jay, and Emo Crys are tolerable characters.
- Some of the episodes were decent, such as "Out Of Tune", and "Meaty In Black".
Wild Grinders received overwhelmingly negative reviews. It currently has a 2.5/10 on IMDb and a 2.9/10 on tv.com is considered to be one of the worst Nickelodeon shows of all time.
On Google, the show has a user score of 68%.
• It was over aired to the max on the Nicktoons channel, being the second most aired show on the channel behind Jimmy Neutron, until it was entirely ceased to air in late 2016.
- Rob Dyrek, the creator of this show, eventually went on to create the MTV show Ridiculousness.
- It Was Originally Gonna Have A Movie But Due Of Negative Reception