Waffles (Teen Titans Go!)
"Waffles" is the thirty-ninth episode of the first season of Teen Titans Go! and the thirty-ninth overall episode of the series.
Cyborg and Beast Boy show their love for waffles by making it the only word they say, much to the annoyance of the other Titans.
Why It Doesn't Deserve Waffles
- The episode tries way too hard to be funny by making Beast Boy and Cyborg repeat "Waffles", which of course, was executed poorly and ends up being more annoying than anything else.
- The word "waffles" is repeated 295 times, which is even higher than how many whip cracks are in a Johnny Test episode, making it very old fast.
- Laughably stupid storyline focusing on waffles.
- The "Waffles" song is repetitive, which just repeats the word of that food and nothing else.
- Robin, Starfire, and Raven sing the song later and continuously say waffles, although to be fair, they were using it against H.I.V.E. leader, Brother Blood who was not a fan of the word in the episode.
- Cyborg and Beast Boy act the dumbest in this episode, as they repeatedly utter only the word "waffles", especially when they are tortured by the Pain Bot.
- Dumb ending: Robin, Raven and Starfire win the battle and continue singing the "Waffle" song until Beast Boy and Cyborg finally speak normally and say that they're annoying (despite that they've been annoying the whole episode) because apparently it was "their game" which they ruined. Raven asks how they get out of the cage, to which Robin only replies: "Waffles."
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Brother Blood is the most passable character.
- Although Robin, Starfire and Raven were also annoying in the end, they are also passable characters.
- At least Beast Boy and Cyborg learned the consequences of their actions from Brother Blood.