NOTE: This sandbox is intended to make the page more acceptable, as both Atrocious YouTubers Wiki and Horrible Vyonders Wiki have shut down.
Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under the age of eighteen.
WARNING! This article is NSFL!
This article may contain content that is disturbing, including themes of rape, murder, abuse, drugging, crime, disaster, tragedy, etc.
|Image=Caillou gets UNgrounded XD.jpg
|Caption="You're grounded grounded grounded grounded grounded grounded for 234567854356785434567896548754322256 years."
Fiction |Running Time=Depends |Country=Depends |Release Date=July 2, 2011-present |Created by=adamkleinschmidt2003 |Distributed by=Various users]]Grounded Videos are by far the most common type of videos made with Vyond (formerly known as Go!Animate from 2007-13 and as GoAnimate [without an exclamation mark] from 2013-18) and sometimes Plotagon. The first of those was Brian gets in trouble at school, uploaded on July 2, 2011. They became popular with a video called Caillou calls his Baby Sister Stupid / Grounded, which was uploaded by African Vulture on December 2013 and later reuploaded by The FunEditor4 on November 3, 2018.
A child (in most of the videos either Caillou, Dora, or Little Bill) does something bad like skipping school, buying a DVD, getting a dead meat card, wishing someone an unhappy birthday, getting fat at McDonald's, farting in a classroom, misbehaves at Chuck E Cheese's, etc. After that, he or she gets grounded for very long sentences of years.
Why They Suck
- The troublemaker often does bad things for no legit reason other than for the same of him/her getting grounded.
- When the troublemaker is getting grounded, his/her parents tell them that they're grounded over and over, which gets really annoying really fast.
- Most of these videos can ruin the viewer's childhood since characters from niche audience shows are the main victims. The most common grounded victims are, as stated above, Caillou, Dora and oftentimes Little Bill as well.
- Some people make grounded videos out of other users, which is considered cyberbullying.
- The videos are extremely repetitive and often reuse the same plot over and over again, just with different characters.
- The troublemaker's grounding sentence can last for several weeks and/or months to more than 90 or 100 years (the average lifespan of a human), which is just crazy and completely unrealistic.
- Caillou is seen dating either Dora or Sarah in some videos when he's way too young for a girlfriend since he's just 4 years old.
- Sometimes the grounded victim does something good, yet still gets grounded. For example, a user named AnthonyTheVyonder (formerly known as Go!Thug247 or OfficerPoop247) made a video on his old channel called 'Paul rants on grounded videos / grounded' where Paul does a good thing but gets grounded for it.
- The character could also get in trouble just for getting in dead meat, which is unfair since a character the user likes gets a good card while a character the user hates gets a bad one.
- Some scenes can also scare kids who come across these videos, like red flashing lights & ear rape.
- They use boring and pointless Text-To-Speech voices, which make them sound robotic.
- In these videos some people hate shows like Barney just because they're for a niche audience.
- Not to mention, in some videos, parents like Boris (Caillou's dad) and Elena (Dora's mom) get grounded too, which is very unrealistic because they are too old to get grounded (the maximum age for one to be grounded is 18).
- They contain the same overused music.
- Grounded videos also contain swearing which is inappropriate for kids, like ThisGuyDannyyy's Caillou Gets Grounded Videos or CowAnim8s' Boris vs the Grinch.
- The animation is also very cheap.
- Useless cartoon sound effects.
- This video has Arthur and D.W getting grounded for dancing naked.
- Some videos also have characters getting grounded for stupid and nonsensical reasons, such as making a fake VHS opening or even for no reason whatsoever.
- Ungrounded videos are not any better because they have the same plot of grounded videos except the kid does something good and gets rewarded.
- Sometimes, the kid does something that deserves to get punished, such as destroying Nick Jr. all because of Dora the Explorer, but then again, they get rewarded all because of it. There’s also a Plotagon video where Caillou blows up the Sony Pictures Animation HQ, yet he gets ungrounded.
- The punishment day videos consist of the troublemaker being forced to drink toilet water, eat poison & be spanked in the butt, which is going way too far. At that point, it can't be considered punishments anymore; it's nothing but plain torture.
- Every time a child misbehaves at school they get held back a grade, or in this case, they are moved back from, say, 12th grade to 11th grade. That's not even the definition of "held back". To be held back would mean that you would have to repeat the same grade again the next year, not get sent back a grade that same year.
- Assaulted videos are the worst types out of all of these videos because the parents kill their kids as a punishment, yet don't even get arrested.
- The parents never get punished for abusing their kids.
- Apart from the fake VHS opening or no reason groundings, some characters get grounded for things that aren't even a big deal, like farting in class, getting a math question wrong, not wearing green on St. Patrick's Day, buying something they like, making a YouTube Account, etc.
- Some grounded videos have disturbing content, like one that has Dora putting rat poison in the school lunch.
- Some punishments are pretty offensive, such as Caillou getting sent to India in one video.
- Most grounded videos contain the words “um” a lot when the victim tries to confess, and then they tell the truth, which can get annoying, additionally, if they lie, then the parents will correct them, why bother asking them if you already know what they did?
- Dora's mother is prejudiced against her own daughter, despite being Mexican herself. Meaning she's a hypocrite.
- Some of these videos depicts a troublemaker celebrating someone’s death..
- Some grounded videos are okay because the parents don't repeat the word "grounded", and sometimes they even give realistic grounding sentences. Others (like from Ivan the Brony Kaiju and Jacob the Little Witch Academia Bro) never use the word "grounded" and instead has the guardians send the troublemaker to their room.
- The very first grounded video made by adamkleinschmidt2003 was actually quite decent, as it was more realistic than grounded videos nowadays and the troublemaker actually gets grounded for being rude to the teachers, which is completely understandable for the parents to ground him for that.
- Some people (such as Samster5677 for example) put more effort into making their grounded videos by making them more realistic and funny than most grounded videos you can find on the internet, not to mention that some of them make grounded videos for fun more than just expressing hatred towards a character.
- Some grounded videos are made with original characters.
- Some of them are funny to watch.
- The text-to-speech voices can sound funny sometimes.
- They could be considered "they're so bad they're good".
- Some of them poke fun at how unreasonable the grounding reasons are.
- In some cases, the parents also get grounded for grounding their kids for no reason.
- Sometimes grounded videos does show us the consequences of causing trouble.
Examples of Grounded Videos
There are multiple ways that a troublemaker gets grounded in these videos. Here's a list of examples of ways a Troublemaker can get grounded: