Unfiltered is a game show/teen sitcom that has run on Nickelodeon since July 11, 2020.
Jay Pharoah hosts a game show called Unfiltered with three players, Darci, Gabrielle, and Lex participate in and ask questions to guest stars behind face filters to try and guess their names.
Why It Sucks
- The show is a shameful ripoff of The Masked Singer.
- Tries way too hard to be hip with the kids. Out of all the "Nickcoms", this one tries the most to be hip. For example, one episode had Jay Pharoah saying "Abraca-dab-ra", and dabbing right after. In another episode, there was a graphic that said, “2020 is cancelled”.
- The rapid fire round is pretty much pointless, as the timer should end at 60 seconds, when in reality it ends after 30 seconds.
- Some episodes have unnecessary filler to get the show over the 22 minute mark.
- Weird effects that look like something out of a YouTube Poop.
- Not to mention, the face filters are weird as well.
- The voice changer is terrible. Even more baffling is that some of the celebrities are voice actors themselves.
- If a player doesn’t guess the celebrity correctly, they have to eat something “gross”.
- The “celebrities” feel like whoever Nickelodeon could get. On top of that, some celebrities they’ve used reappear in some episodes and even Lincoln Loud himself appeared in the episode "Bunny Money" and he isn't even a celebrity.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Jay Pharoah does a good job as the host.
- It was initially titled Game Face when it was announced on May 6, 2020, along with Group Chat. However, on June 26, 2020, it was renamed last-minute to Unfiltered.
This show was poorly received, getting a 4.7 on IMDb and a 3.1 on Google.