Transformers: Bot Bots is a flash animated TV series created by Kevin Burke that first premiered on Netflix in March 25, 2022.
BotBots are Transformers robots that disguise themselves as everyday mall objects. By day, these BotBots hide quietly on store shelves but at night, they jump into adventure until a group of BotBots called 'The Lost Bots' run into the mall security guard and put all the bots in danger.
- Similar to Teen Titans Go!, the biggest criticism with the show is how heavily it deviates from the previous shows; whereas those heavily relied on the action, storytelling, emotion, and character development, Transformers: BotBots exiles that to The Dark Side of The Moon to put its focus on comedy and randomness. While the show's concept does sound like a cool idea on paper, it is executed rather poorly.
- The characters are just a singular thing or food instead of a vehicle. While a nice change of pace from the previous incarnations, it does take away some of the charm from the franchise.
- The character designs, although not terrible, are too simplistic and cartoony to resemble the Transformers and instead appear more as children dressing up as them.
- The series can have a collection of bad/mediocre episodes, such as:
- "Mall than Meets the Eye" (which was an bad way to start the show)
- "The Lost Bots and the Claw Crusade"
- "On the Bot Prom Dance Floor"
- The voice acting in this series is pretty annoying.
- The theme song of this series is also very annoying as well.
- Many of the characters are unlikable, annoying, cliched, and idiotic in a bad way.
- Spud Muffin is the most unlikable character in the series, which he had turned traitor against Burgertron and framing him for his own actions, he thankfully got his comeuppance by getting exiled into The Dark Side of The Mall by Dave the Mall Guard in the last episode.
- Decent flash animation, with a good and unique art style that was never seen in the Transformers franchise.
- Some characters in the show are likable or tolerable at times.
- Despite they flaws, The Lost Bots are pretty tolerable characters and can be treated as sympathetic, due to them treated as outcasts by the others.
- Dave is actually relatable and hilarious character, despite being annoying.
- Frostferatu, 24K-Bit, Playgor Cardquest, Jacqueline, Snorg and Agent Smartlit are the only bots who are tolerant to The Lost Bots.
- Funny as well cute moments here and there.
- There are some good/decent episodes like its finales.
- Occasional funny moments here and there.
The series has a 6.8/10 on IMDB.