Too Loud, Thomas! (Thomas & Friends)
"Too Loud, Thomas!" is the 22nd episode of the 23rd season of Thomas & Friends. It aired on October 24, 2019.
Thomas wants to preform opera like Lorenzo and Beppe but finds it a lot more difficult than he thought. Unfortunately, his attempt accidentally led him to losing his voice just as he had a message to deliver.
Why It's Too Loud
- This is a 7-minute Thomas torture episode as he basically brought the torture onto himself, as his annoying singing causes him to break his own voice, when he should've just delivered the message.
- Thomas is really annoying in this episode, he sings and tries to preform opera all because Lorenzo and Beppe were singing it, only for him to make all of the other engines and citizens get their ears hurt, and even caused a little girl's balloon to pop, causing her to cry.
- This episode somehow contradicts its own continuity in terms of how Thomas can sing. In "The Great Race", "Journey Beyond Sodor", and "Big World! Big Adventures!", Thomas is proven to be a great singer. But here, it strangely feels nonexistent and it's not just weird, but it makes very little to no sense.
- Not only is this a torture episode for Thomas, but it can also be considered a torture episode for Lorenzo & Beppe and the citizens of Italy as well.
- The infamous scene where Thomas' singing voice causes the screen to break and makes him lose his voice.
- As always like in most episodes of the BWBA era, the imagination scene is nothing but pointless & boring filler.
- Despite being told that he's too loud, Thomas still continues to sing despite the criticism & warnings he got from the others until he breaks his voice.
- The ending was very good, with Thomas getting his voice back.
- The rest of the characters are still likable.
- There are some funny bits here and there.
- Thomas got his just desserts when he broke his voice, and in of itself is actually pretty amusing to some people.
- It does show us that singing too much might cause you to lose your voice.
"Too Loud, Thomas!" was met with negative feedback from most fans and critics of the Thomas & Friends series. It is criticized for its annoying humor and how Thomas' singing sounded when he is trying to sing in opera. It currently has a 2.1/10 on IMDb.