Toddlers and Tiaras
Toddlers & Tiaras, also known as Another Toddlers & Tiaras, is an American reality television series that aired on TLC from December 12, 2008, to October 16, 2013. After a three-year hiatus due to much controversy, Another Toddlers and Tiaras aired the sequel on August 24, 2016. The show follows the personal lives of families of contestants in a child beauty pageant. Like many shows about children pageants, it generated controversy for dressing the children provocatively. The show led to other reality show spin-offs: Eden's World, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, and Cheer Perfection. On November 24, 2016, they decided to cancel the show after its seventh season.
Why It Sucks
- It caused the network decay of TLC along with several other panned reality shows.
- The mothers are absolutely horrible. They are selfish, obese and abuse their poor children by yelling, insulting, bribing them to do something for the pagents they don't want to do and hitting them. They always bicker with each other and complain about everything, making fun of their children's bodies and physically abusing them and neglecting them and calling them spoiled just for being scared. We're pretty sure some of them have even been arrested after the show ended for multiple counts of child abuse. Also, one parent has said that she only had kids just to enter them on this show.
- Not only that, but there were also signs of animal cruelty. In one episode, a mother neglected her goat and forced her daughter to pick up its droppings, all while swearing at her.
- Speaking of which, the mothers force-feed their children Pixy Stix and Mountain Dew. That much sugar and caffeine can be really bad for someone that young.
- The infamous scene where a mother waxes her kid's eyebrows.
- The show is basically a pedophile's dream come true. The girls are forced to wear scantily clad outfits, despite them being, as the title states, toddlers. Methinks, the producer of Minipops, went to work on this show.
- The girls aren't much better than their poor excuses for mothers. They are often spoiled brats and sore losers. Not to mention, their constant screaming and whining can easily get on viewers' nerves.
- The girls' makeup looks artificial, plastic, fake and overall very painful and cringeworthy to look at. They're trying to make four year olds look more than five times their age.
- The girls are probably heavily traumatized.
- It spawned the spin off series Honey Boo Boo.
This show currently has a 1.8/10 on IMDb.