Toby the Pup
Toby the Pup is an animated cartoon character created by animators Sid Marcus, Dick Huemer and Art Davis. He starred in a series of early sound shorts produced by Charles B. Mintz for RKO Radio Pictures. The series lasted from 1930 to 1931. Twelve cartoons were produced, though only seven still survive today.
- The main character, Toby, is a huge Mickey Mouse wannabe just like Scrappy. He is also similar to Bimbo from Fleischer Studios.
- It steals ideas from Mickey Mouse cartoons such as Steamboat Willie and The Opry House.
- Overuse of sound effects, like padding on feet.
- The songs are annoying.
- Toby's design in the French title card looks creepy, poorly-done... and his belly button is in the wrong place.
- In the cartoon The Milkman, Toby throws glasses of milk on the front porch instead of setting them up.
- The designs were good, especially for Toby.
- The said main character is also cute.
- Toby can be seen dancing in one scene from the 1992 movie Cool World.