The Wacky Adventures of Ronald McDonald
The Wacky Adventures of Ronald McDonald is an American animated miniseries of retail direct-to-video episodes produced by Klasky-Csupo, Inc. in association with the McDonald's Corporation, centering on McDonald's mascot Ronald McDonald and the gang in McDonaldland. A total of six 40-minute episodes were produced and released on VHS exclusively in participating McDonald's restaurants from October 9, 1998 to January 30, 2003.
- It was made just to promote McDonald's to kids (which is not a bad idea on paper, except here it doesn't work), it was the restaurant's attempt to make an animated series to compete with television programming aimed at kids.
- This means that it is nothing more than a series of six 40-minute commercials with their own individual VHS releases.
- The adventures the gang goes on make absolutely no sense whatsoever.
- The Hamburglar is part of the gang without any explanation.
- Sundae in the live-action segments just looks terrifying.
- The songs are just painful to listen to.
- Yes, especially the theme songs from episodes 1 to 3, and 4 to 6.
- "The Monster O’ McDonaldland Loch" is a sad way to end Christine Cavanaugh's career in voice acting, and is even sadder when she passed away in 2014.
- The McSplorer ripped off Benny the Cab from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
- A lot of the humor is just lazy.
- Conceptually, the character designs just look creepy, especially Hamburglar, whose design looks like a Rugrats reject.
- The addition of new characters just have no purpose, including Tika, Sundae, and Frank. They look like they belong in a different series rather than a McDonald's show.
- Both of the theme songs are unnecessary for a direct-to-video series.
- The voice acting is decent.
- The animation is good.
- It has a slight classic Nickelodeon charm to it, considering the fact it was made by Klasky Csupo.
- To be fair, some commercials DID feature Hamburglar as part of the gang, so him being part of the group here isn't a huge stretch.
- Despite terrible songs, the music is not bad. But the lyrics were the biggest problem with the songs.
The show received mixed reviews and currently has a 6.0/10 on IMDB.