The Trial of Jim Gordon (Gotham)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"The Trial of Jim Gordon" is the ninth episode of the fifth season of Gotham. It aired on March 7, 2019.
Why It Sucks
- It doesn't even make any sense. All of the episode is just random nonsense, and they're never again mentioned after it happens.
- Misleading title: Jim Gordon's "trial" is actually his coma making him have an insane dream in a courthouse, which he is plead "guilty" all because he failed to rescue people that died during the bridge explosion, which he couldn't.
- Jim's wife, during the coma, drops the baby on-screen!
- During the coma, Jim actually dies during it, but is somehow still dreaming. You can't dream while you're dead.
- What's even worse is that Jim's dream ends by him getting electrocuted in the electric chair, causing him to wake up. Yes, a dream that ends tragically can somewhat bring back a dead person alive.
- Ivy was a really bad villain for this episode. She just hypnotizes Bruce to shut down a factory, and nothing else more. We never learn how she will go back to normal.
- Apparently, Victor was the one that shot Jim, and after shooting up the police station, he gets caught, and we never see him again.
- Same thing happens when Selina Kyle is targeted to "get her heart stabbed out" by one of Ivy's killers. Only except, Selina is brutally beaten up, but afterwards she magically revives, the killer is never seen again, and Selina goes to the plant.
- The whole "Bruce and Selina eat together" was a pointless shove-in towards their relationship.
- During Jim's execution, flashing lights occur, triggering epileptic people with seizures.
- Jim magically revives after waking up a month later, and he gets married in a police station. That's actually extremely wrong.