The Testament of Sister New Devil
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Testament Of Sister New Devil is an anime based on a Light Novel by Tetsuo Uesu. It was infamous for ripping off Highschool DXD and overuse of fanservice and sex scenes.
Why It Should Be Testified
- It is infamous for ripping off and borrow ideas from another light novel series, High School DXD by having the same concepts such as supernatural clans, fanservice revolving around demons, a famous hero group and gauntlets that gives the user incredible strength.
- Bland and unlikable characters especially Mio Naruse.
- Basara is basically a rip off of Takashi Komuro and many Shonen protagonists. His design clearly rips off Issei Hyoudou from Highschool DXD. He has a silver gauntlet which is suspiciously similar to the red dragon emperor gauntlet used by Issei.
- Mio is over arrogant and treats Basara poorly such as making him leave so she and Maria can use magic and feel like he's useless. Her design is a blatant rip of of Rias Gremory from Highschool DXD.
- Maria makes Basara do some lewd acts and forces him to have sex with someone. Her character design is extremely generic and looks a bit like Koneko Toujou from High School DXD but with longer hair instead of a shorter one.
- Predictable and poorly written story that ripped off some of the story parts from High School DXD such as clans and upper-human races going to war.
- Overuse of fanservice plus it has "sex" (consisting only of groping and licking) scenes that makes it near hentai level. Due to the fact that it is a TV show, it ends up basically being softcore hentai and fails at being a hentai.
- Has a bunch of typically, cliched Japanese high school stereotypes.
- The main love theme is incest (step-sibling) which is very tasteless and is used a lot.
- Mediocre fight scenes that go on for too long.
- Mio's catchphrase "I'll kill you a hundred times" is annoying and repetitive.
- The first fight against an antagonist was poorly executed as Basara easily lost by being stabbed without any tactic.
- Very slow pacing, making the show overall quite boring.
- The opening themes shows way too much nudity it even makes High School DXD and the Karin opening not having that much.
- Aside from ripping off High School DXD, it has no reason to exist or rip off that series and was probably made to cash in on some harem genre.
- The English dub is very good.
- The opening and ending themes are good.
- The art, visuals and character designs are well done.
- It was followed by a second season, BURST, which was decent.
- Similar to Angel Cop, they are rip-offs of much better received and higher-quality Japanese franchises and they have more shock value and graphic content than the series they ripped-off. Angel Cop is a rip-off of Ghost in the Shell (1995) and The Testament Of Sister New Devil is a rip-off of High School DXD.
- Similar to Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, this anime has also garnered a large fanbase in Germany.