The Super Hero Squad Show
Marvel Super Hero Squad is an American animated television series produced by Marvel Animation. It is based on the Marvel Super Hero Squad action figure line from Hasbro, which portray the Avengers, the X-Men, and various other characters of the Marvel Universe in a cartoonish super-deformed-style. it aired from 2009 to 2011. It is also a self-aware parody of the Marvel characters, with influences taken from on the comedic Mini Marvels series of parody comic books, in that the heroes tend to find themselves in comedic situations, and have cartoonish bents in comparison to their usually serious personalities (such as The Incredible Hulk being jovial and good-natured but with "major anger issues"), and is an overall comedic take on the Avengers. The series' animation was produced by Film Roman and Marvel Animation.
- The animation, while passable at times, can be lazy.
- Obnoxious and juvenile humor.
- Gives almost everyone in the comics some personalities that don't feel suited for them at all.
- Very sexist as most of the female heroes are not commercialized or shown in merchandise.
- Poor grasp to the source material like how Doctor Doom's mother (who was a gypsy woman dealing with devils in the comics), is now a grumpy old lady who wears armor just like his son despite toning down the material and is way too similar to Momma Robotnik from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Average voice acting.
- Many aspects from the comics are misused. For example, the Abomination, a character from England, speaks in an American accent.
- Nearly every character feels like a dumb stereotype.
- Ms. Marvel's voice is extremely irritating. Same problem goes with H.E.R.B.I.E.
- Horrible slapstick.
- Spider-Man and related characters (Blade, and etc.) never appeared on the show thanks to copyright issues with Sony and New Line Cinema.
- If this was the cartoon that premiered on Cartoon Network of all channels in 2009, then it's clear 2009 was a disaster for the network. There's a reason why Chowder and the Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack received so much love, despite the time they came out in.
- A few funny moments and some good episodes.
- The character designs are decent.
- The Thing, Galactus and Thanos are done correctly.
- Catchy and Epic theme song.
- Dr. Doom's voice actor is really funny.