The Slim Shady Show
Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under the age of eighteen.
The Slim Shady Show is an internet cartoon that aired from 2000-2003. It was created by American rapper Eminem and revolved around his character, the eponymous Slim Shady, and his friends going on "wicked adventures".
Why It Sucks
- Abysmal animation that makes The Problem Solverz look like the Iron Giant! True, it is an early webtoon, but Homestar Runner premiered the same year and that looks television quality.
- It's extremely mean-spirited.
- Slim Shady is unlikable (Despite being accurate enough to the character of Slim that Eminem uses in his music, at least the music Slim had some wittiness and charm, but in the show, he comes across as a terrible person that always gets Marshall into trouble). And what's even worse, he's the main protagonist.
- Obnoxious, low-brow, and offensive humor, in addition, stereotyping of homosexuals in one of the episodes.
- There's nothing actually funny.
- It's possibly a rip-off of South Park, not just because they parodied it, but because of its low-brow, offensive humor, constant making fun of celebrities and other pop culture, and its animation style.
- There's little to no premise to any episode. A lot of the plots are one-note and feel like they were written in less than 5 minutes.
- It gets boring and bland after a couple of minutes.
- Unconvincing and inconsistent voice-acting, The actor who plays Big D overacts, while Eminem himself (In his roles as Slim, Marshall, and Ken Kaniff) underacts.
- A constant amount of swearing with no real point to it.
- Ugly and unappealing character designs.
- Irritating background music. It's a poorly made Hip-Hop beat that's at a constant loop, and it never changes pace or style.
- Poorly done celebrity bashing, which comes across as shocking, since Eminem is a master at that.
- Catchy theme song, despite it repeating "Slim Shady" a lot.
- Slim's design is decent. It actually looks like Eminem at the time.
- There are some bonuses for hardcore Eminem fans in some episodes.
- Some Eminem fans can find it enjoyable.
- Slim Shady's meltdown in solitary in "Slimshank Redemption" is kind of funny.
"Slimshank Redemption" was featured on the Special Edition Bonus DVD of The Eminem Show.