The Robot (The Amazing World of Gumball)
The Robot is the nineteenth episode of season 1 of The Amazing World of Gumball. It first aired on August 22, 2011.
When Bobert is ashamed of not being a real boy, Gumball and Darwin try to help him out. Unfortunately, he takes it too far and ends up taking over Gumball's life.
- It's an 11-minute long Gumball torture episode.
- The school kids are unlikable in the beginning due to them making fun of Bobert and causing all of this in the first place.
- Plot Hole: When the boys try to help Bobert, Gumball suggests that he get more in touch with his feelings, but Bobert doesn't even know what feelings are. However, he was shown to express loneliness at the beginning.
- Bobert suddenly need to take over Gumball's life is out-of-the-blue and ruins the audience's sympathy for him.
- Almost everyone was out-of-character in this episode; Even though it's obviously Bobert pretending to be Gumball, no one can tell the difference between the real and fake Gumball. Sure, this joke works for idiotic characters like Richard, Darwin, and Rocky, but the smart characters, like Nicole, Anais, and Penny, are also fooled.
- This episode pulls out the infamous SpongeBob episode "A Pal for Gary", one example is the scene when Richard was playing a game and Nicole told him to check on the kids, Richard is literally so obsessed with his game that he does not even notice of his surroundings as Gumball, Darwin and Bobert fight.
- The mean-spirited scene where Gumball is kicked out of his house and forced to sleep on the lawn for the night while water sprinklers spray him while he cries.
- No one gets punished for mistreating Gumball, and no one apologized to Gumball.
- No real ending, all that happens to Bobert gets rebooted by Gumball and gets off scot-free. Even that doesn't work because, in the end, Bobert schemes to steal Darwin's life as well, showing that he learned nothing.
- The battle at the end of the episode was very entertaining, even if the way Bobert gets defeated is a bit anticlimactic.
- Bobert was sympathetic in the beginning, not counting the sudden shift to steal Gumball's life.
- Gumball has a really funny line "And one more thing, I DO NOT look like a Clowns Toaster!".
- Darwin does find out at the end. In fact, the joke with him hitting the real Gumball is hilarious.
- Bobert's creepy moments feel like a reference to Hal 9000 from "2001: A Space Odyssey."