The Mighty B!
The Mighty B! is an American animated television series co-created by Amy Poehler, Cynthia True, and Erik Wiese for Nickelodeon that is rated TV-Y7. This creator-driven series centers on Bessie Higgenbottom, an ambitious Honeybee girl scout who lives in San Francisco with her dog Happy, her 6-year-old brother, Ben and her mom, Hilary.
- Basically, the entire show can be counted as annoying as Bessie Higgenbottom herself acts very annoying and rarely has any character development.
- The intro is kind of annoying as well. It's just the word "bee" being repeated too many times. Even when the show itself is all about bees.
- There's way too many unlikable characters in the show. An example is Bessie herself is an very annoying badge-obsessed girl scout who embarrasses her own brother because he was eating vegetables and also committed a few crimes in the show before, and the series antagonist Portia Gibbons, although she's is supposed to be hated on purpose.
- While the animation is decent, there are sometimes where it looks too lazy, like this scene from a episode for example.
- Some disturbing and scary scenes.
- The humor in the show is just plain unfunny, cheesy, and generic at the same time since a lot of them are quite predictable, despite Amy Poehler being the driving force of this show.
- In the episode "Gorillas in the Mist", there was a homophobic joke and pedophile joke, where Portia falls in love with Bessie dressed as Ben. While Portia is older than Ben, Portia is 10 (but 10 and a half after "Ten Little Honeybees"), Bessie is 9-and-three-quarters and Ben is 6.
- "We're the Sugarboys", one of the songs from the cartoon, is quite poor.
- There are many gross jokes and scenes, like Bessie trying to jump into Portia's mouth in "Body Rockers", Bessie farting in the community center, and Bessie pouring phlegm out of the thermometer "Apoxcalypse Now".
- The show ended on a cliffhanger. Bessie is supposed to become a superhero known as the "Mighty Bee", but she never does.
- Pretty decent animation.
- Though annoying, the theme song is quite catchy.
- There is some fairly funny jokes throughout the show.
- The premise is actually interesting, despite being completely wasted.
- Some good morals are in the show, though not that much.
- The show does have a share fair of good episodes, like "We Got the Bee", "Little Orphan Happy", "Bat Mitzvah Crashers", "An I See Bee", "Something's Wrong With This Taffy", "Thanksgiving Beenactment", and more. The final episode, "C'mon Get Happy", was a good way to end a show despite ending on a cliffhanger.
- The show did improve a bit by its second season. Sadly (and unfortunately), most people never saw this season because Nickelodeon dumped these episodes onto Nicktoons like most of their failed series.
- There's some likeable characters as Happy, Ben and Penny.
Despite positive reviews from critics and high ratings as from the 1st Season and the first 13 episodes of Season 2. The series received mixed-to-negative reviews from audiences and scored a 5.3/10 on IMDb.