The Limit (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"The Limit" is the thirtieth episode of the second season of BTSW, and is the sixty-sixth episode overall.
Nicole gets upset with the family at the supermarket when they attempt to get candy.
- No one in the Watterson family is likable in this episode, for their own different reasons.
- Gumball and Darwin constantly bother and refuse to listen Nicole's orders after she forbade them from getting candy at the supermarket.
- Anais also acts out-of-character in this episode, she was supposed to be the smartest and mature of the family. But here, she acts like her age!
- Richard encourages the kids to disobey their mother and even tries to make them steal candy from the store (by doing so himself), the latter of which is illegal.
- Nicole, while tolerable, becomes an anger-fueled murderous monster in the latter half of the episode and acts like a villainess/mistress from a filipino soap opera/teleserye.
- This whole episode tries way too hard to make Nicole look like the antagonist even tho she's just doing whats right, albeit she becomes unlikable in the later half.
- Bad moral: In the end, the others treat Nicole like she was in the wrong for trying to discipline her kids when they were in the wrong for disobeying her (even though she tried to murder her family). Basically, the moral is that parents should be wrong for disciplining/punishing their children.
- The other bad moral is that you should constantly disobey your parents in order to get what you want, even when they repeatedly forbid you from doing so.
- Mediocre Ending: After Gumball, Anais, and Darwin apologized you thought that they learn their lessons but guess what? They didn’t learn their lessons and instead get their candies by a traumatized security guard in the end.
- The appearance of Nicole during the latter half of the episode is far too creepy for the show's target audience, children; not helping is that she actually threatens to murder her entire family, in a children's show!
- Granted The Amazing World of Gumball has it's fair share of dark moments, but even they were never this extreme.
- The episode is basically nothing but several minutes of torture for Nicole Watterson.
- The premise was quite interesting.
- At least Richard, Gumball, Darwin and Anais got a well deserve comprehends after what they put Nicole.
- The ending (despite being mediocre) isn't too bad.
- This episode was released during the celebration week of the release of Uncle Grandpa.