The Laziest (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Laziest is the eleventh episode of the first season of The Amazing World of Gumball, and is the eleventh episode overall.
Gumball and Darwin try to beat their dad in a lazy-off.
Why It Sucks
- Richard is at his absolute worst in this episode, since he manipulates Gumball and Darwin, and uses his laziness as an excuse for not doing his chores.
- It is pretty much just a Larry Torture episode near the middle, since Gumball and Darwin make Larry lose everything all so that they can win a bet.
- This ends up not even mattering though, as they made Larry so lazy he couldn’t come to their house to help them win the bet, and even worst, it never gets mention again.
- The plot itself is very lazy (no pun intended) and just drags out.
- Very repetitive jokes, like the Summer of 83 gag.
- Terrible Ending: Gumball and Darwin win the contest, but Nicole blames them both for relaxing while Richard is doing all the chores (since he heard her arrive, he pretended to be doing all the chores), and tell them to do the chores instead of Richard.
- Richard never gets punish for outright cheating and getting poor Gumball and Darwin in trouble. This makes Richard a huge Karma Houdini in this episode.
- This whole episode would have never happened if Richard just did his chores.
- The Sugar Rush song and Sugar Low song are creative.
- The scene were Larry tells Gumball and Darwin his backstory is charming.
- To be fair, even though Gumball and Darwin lost, they did technically deserve it after what they did to Larry.
- This episode reveals that Larry (also known as Lazy Larry) was one of the laziest people in Elmore, until he lost his record to Richard Watterson.