The Laziest (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Laziest is the eleventh episode of the first season of The Amazing World of Gumball, and is the eleventh episode overall.
Gumball and Darwin try to beat their dad in a lazy-off.
- Richard is at his absolute worst in this episode, since he manipulates Gumball and Darwin, and uses his laziness as an excuse for not doing his chores.
- It is pretty much just Larry's torture episode near the middle since Gumball and Darwin make Larry lose everything so that they can win a bet. The two's actions make Richard look like a saint.
- This ends up not even mattering though, as they made Larry so lazy he couldn’t come to their house to help them win the bet, and even worst, it never gets mentioned again.
- The plot itself is very lazy (no pun intended) and just drags out.
- Very repetitive jokes, like the "Summer of 83" gag.
- Terrible Ending: Gumball and Darwin win the contest, but Nicole blames them both for relaxing while Richard is doing all the chores (since he heard her arrive, he pretended to be doing all the chores), and tells them to do the chores instead of Richard.
- Richard never gets punished for outright cheating and getting poor Gumball and Darwin in trouble. This makes Richard a Karma Houdini in this episode.
- This whole episode would have never happened if Richard just did his chores. Though this can be at least partially explained by Richard not being very smart though it doesn’t make it any less frustrating.
- The episode is pretty lazy (no pun intended) for the most part.
- The Sugar Rush song and Sugar Low song are creative.
- The scene where Larry tells Gumball and Darwin his backstory is charming.
- To be fair, even though Gumball and Darwin lost, they did technically deserve it after what they did to Larry.
- "ARGGGH, NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE SUMMER OF '83!!"
- Larry is likable and while he is last seen in the episode fat, unemployed, and single, he's back to his usual self the next time we see him and at other times is shown to still be dating his girlfriend.
- Despite being the one who told Gumball and Darwin to find another lazy person in Elmore, Richard did not take part in ruining Larry's life since he didn't specifically mention Larry.
- This episode reveals that Larry (also known as Lazy Larry) was one of the laziest people in Elmore until he lost his record to Richard Watterson.