The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange
The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange is an animated/live action hybrid series based on the popular web series The Annoying Orange. It ran on Cartoon Network from 2012 to 2014.
The show centers around Orange and his friends as they go on adventures.
Why It's So Annoying
- Besides voice casting, Dane himself had no involvement with the writing of the episodes in the series. Instead, Tom Sheppard wrote most of the episodes, thus causing the writing and jokes to heavily suffer when compared to the original web series.
- It removes most of the charm that made the original YouTube series much better, suffering a similar problem to Fred: The Show.
- The mouths on the fruits can be ugly and uncanny sometimes.
- Poor grasp of the source material, despite Dane having some involvement in the series. In the web series, the fruits live in a kitchen, but in the TV show, they live on a fruit cart in a supermarket.
- Poor voice acting, mostly for Orange. What doesn't help is that Dane Boedigheimer provided the voice of Orange, who also voiced him in the web series, but here, he simply did a worse job voicing Orange, his original character, here, making it phoned-in and more annoying.
- There are various animation errors; for example, sometimes the mouths of the food disappear.
- Overuse of fart jokes and toilet humor. On top of that, the non-gross-out jokes usually consist of poorly-conceived puns.
- The theme song, despite being pretty catchy, is very annoying and aggravating if anything.
- It can't keep track of its own continuity.
- Orange is, if possible, even more annoying than usual. (depending on your view)
- Depending on your view, Season 2 can considered be a slight improvement to Season 1.
- The theme song is very catchy.
- There is plenty of good episodes including Welcome to My Fruitmare, the season 1 finale which is My Name is Orange, Veggie Zombies, Bat's All Fruits, and Thanksfornothing Day.
- Much like in the original web series, the editing for the fruit characters at least look good.
- There are some likable characters, such as Pear, Passion Fruit, Marshmallow, Little Apple, Grandpa Lemon and Apple.
- Nerville is an absolutely hilarious character for the show, mostly because Toby Turner actually enjoyed being part of the show.
Episodes with their own pages
The show was panned by critics, Cartoon Network fans and most Annoying Orange fans alike. However, some Annoying Orange fans do love it. This show currently holds a 1.8/10 on IMDb, making it the second-lowest rated Cartoon Network show on the site, behind only Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go!.
YouTuber PhantomStrider considers it the worst Cartoon Network show of all time, claiming that he has developed a habit of cutting his oranges into 9 slices "just to make sure it doesn't start squealing at me to like and subscribe to it" after seeing this show.
It was ranked as #2 on WatchMojo's Top 10 Worst Cartoon Network Shows video (It was also on the thumbnail).