The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange
The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange is an animated/live action hybrid series based on the popular web series The Annoying Orange. It ran on Cartoon Network from 2012 to 2014.
The show centers around Orange and his friends as they go on adventures.
- Besides voice casting, Dane himself had no involvement with the writing of the episodes in the series. Instead, Tom Sheppard wrote most of the episodes, thus causing the writing and jokes to heavily suffer when compared to the original web series.
- It removes most of the charm that made the original YouTube series good, suffering a similar problem to Fred: The Show.
- The mouths on the fruits can be ugly and uncanny sometimes.
- Poor grasp of the source material, despite Dane having some involvement in the series. In the web series, the fruits live in a kitchen, but in the TV show, they live on a fruit cart in a supermarket.
- It had multiple horrible and disturbing jump-scares in the episode, "The Day The Store Stood Still".
- Poor voice acting.
- There are various animation errors, sometimes the mouths of the food disappear.
- Overusage of fart jokes and toilet humor. On top of that, the non-gross-out jokes usually consist of poorly-conceived puns.
- Can't keep track of its own continuity.
- Orange is, if possible, even more annoying than usual. (depending on your view)
- Season 2 can possibly be an improvement.
- The theme song is very catchy.
- There is plenty of good episodes including Welcome to My Fruitmare, the season 1 finale which is My Name is Orange, Veggie Zombies, Bat's All Fruits, and Thanksfornothing Day.
- Great editing.
- There are some good characters, such as Pear, Passion Fruit, Little Apple, Grandpa Lemon and Apple.
- It has a nice twist on Marshmallow’s gender, as in the YouTube series, it’s confirmed that Marshmallow is a girl (thanks to Ask Orange #68: Who Let the Burps Out?!), but here on the TV Show, Marshmallow is a boy (thanks to the episode "Boys vs. Girls", which Marshmallow is on the boys’ side).
Episodes with their own pages
The show was panned by critics and Cartoon Network fans, but Annoying Orange fans loved it (but not all of them).
YouTuber PhantomStrider considers it the worst Cartoon Network show of all time, claiming that he has developed a habit of cutting his oranges into 9 slices "just to make sure it doesn't start squealing at me to like and subscribe to it" after seeing this show.
It was ranked as #2 on WatchMojo's Top 10 Worst Cartoon Network Shows video (It was also on the thumbnail).