The Haunted Hathaways
The Haunted Hathaways is an American television sitcom that began airing on Nickelodeon July 13, 2013, and ended on March 5, 2015. It tells the story of a single mother and her two daughters who move into a home occupied by three ghosts, a single father and his two sons. The two families solve their problems using the ghost powers and normal human methods.
The series tells the story of a mother named Michelle Hathaway moving her two daughters, Taylor and Frankie, to New Orleans where they open a bakery. They come to find out that the house is haunted by Ray Preston and his two sons, Miles and Louie, as they are actually ghosts. The families learn how to live with each other and tackle everyday problems together.
- The concept is really interesting, but poorly executed. The jokes are terrible, either consisting of fart jokes or the actors trying to make the audience laugh. They're the kinds of jokes that only appeal to little children, not even teenagers or kids on the brink of teenage years.
- Clay Bannister farts in the pilot episode.
- The characters are annoying and unfunny. Louie Preston (perhaps the worst), causes most of the problems such as causing Frankie Hathaway to be sent to ghost jail.
- It should also be noted that Louie constantly tries to scare Franky every time but fails miserably.
- The effects in this show is a joke and manages to make Henry Danger, Knight Squad and Cousins For Life look like masterpieces.
- The acting is laughably bad, The lines are cheesy and cliché.
- Forgettable Theme Song that tries to use rock, but doesn't feel catchy at all.
- Like all the Nick Sitcoms in the 2010's, the laugh track plays out at the most unfunny lines.
- The show had a crossover with The Thundermans, another bad Nick show.
- The series finale, Haunted Family, was a good sendoff to the series.
- The show does have some funny moments.
Despite receiving positive reviews, The Haunted Hathaways received mixed to negative reviews from audiences alike. It sits at a 5.2/10 on IMDb and a 4.8/10 on tv.com