The Brothers Flub
The Brothers Flub is an animated television series produced by Sunbow Productions and co-produced by Ravensburger. It aired in the United States on Nickelodeon The Brothers Flub lasted for twenty-six episodes, airing on Sundays from January 1999 until its cancellation in January 2000.
The Brothers Flub takes place in a fictionalized version of outer space. The show's title refers to its two central characters: a pair of blue-furred alien brothers named Guapo and Fraz Flub. Guapo is shorter and fatter than his brother, and is a darker shade of blue. Both wear bodysuits, shoes and caps.
In the series, they work for a company called RetroGrade Interdimensional Couriers, of which a green-colored female alien named Tarara Boomdeyay is the boss. Other characters at their job include a female alien named Valerina and an older orange, male alien named Squish. The brothers, who are couriers, through their universe in their spacecraft (called Hoog) to deliver packages to various planets. Each episode features a different planet with a different characteristic, such as "The Land of Oversized Games", which comprises life-sized game pieces such as a pinball machine, or "Hip City", a planet inhabited by beatnik aliens.
- Poor animation, which is trying too hard to imitate Klasky Csupo.
- Annoying, yet pretty mediocre voice acting.
- The stories are overly surreal and dumb.
- HORRENDOUS theme song which has been considered one of the worst theme songs ever.
- The title is also very dumb. If one actually never heard of this show, then they would say it is a ripoff of The Brothers Grunt due to the similar titles, although The Brothers Grunt is an adult show with a much different concept and not for kids.
- Nickelodeon rarely, if ever, reran any episodes and once they lost the syndication rights to both this series and Pelswick, they couldn't do anything more with them.
- There are bad morals like in "Pay Dirt" the Brothers got rich from no sleep, bathing, or free time.
- Guapo is a very inconsistent character. Sometimes he is the nicest character in the show other times he is the most rotten.
- Fraz is constantly tortured by everyone around him. It's cruel rather than funny.
- The brothers pretty much take the spotlight away from the rest of the characters, barely giving them any screen time. Fraz himself is the worst offender, the show basically being centered around him and almost nothing happens without him. He only ever takes a backseat in Double Feature and a Courier's Carol.
- Miss Boomdeyay is the worst Karma Houdini in the show, she rules Retrograde with an iron fist and gets away with it. Most episodes end with her torturing the brothers.
- Decent concept, despite the poor execution.
- While the brothers have a toxic relationship it is shown time and again they truly love each other.
- The show has good morals at times like in Double Feature, quit when you're being mistreated, and family is more important than fame or Bad Judgement Day, learning to trust your loved ones.
- The visuals are wacky and creative at times.
- Decent and passable character designs.
- Fraz is sometimes likeable. Wanting to help others like in Wrestlemaniacs and Pizza, Pizza, Pizza. He also faces his fears all the time to help others, especially his brother.
- Even though the intro is awful, the rest of the music is actually easy on the ears.
The Brothers Flub has recieved mixed-to-slightly negative reviews from critics and audiences. It currently holds a 4.4/10 on IMDb and it has been criticized for the unlikeable characters, poor animation, and theme song. It has been considered to be one of the weakest Nickelodeon shows of all time.