The Apprentice (The Amazing World of Gumball)
The Apprentice is the sixteenth episode of the fourth season of The Amazing World of Gumball, and the 132nd episode overall.
Gumball decides that the best way to prove to Mr. Fitzgerald that he is good enough for Penny is to become his apprentice for the day.
Why It Sucks
- The main issue with the episode is that the premise does not work, Gumball's motivation is forced as he wants to prove to Penny's father Patrick that he is good enough to date his daughter. But at this point, he is already dating Penny, so him tagging along with Mr. Fitzgerald is pointless.
- There was at least three different episodes prior to this where Gumball wants to gain Mr. Fitzgerald's approval in “The Date”, “The Knights”, and “The Shell”. Making this episode even more pointless.
- The episode's antagonist, the business goblin that took over Chanax Inc. in “The Move”, is really annoying as he constantly laughs at something while pointing out the obvious, and this joke is repeated throughout the episode.
- It is basically just a Mr. Fitzgerald torture episode.
- Gumball is unlikeable in this episode as he constantly pops up and annoys Mr. Fitzgerald.
- The DNA scene is extremely disturbing.
- The bad twist ending where it is revealed that Gumball actually lost the golf game because he got knocked out.
- Despite ending being a "twist", it is made pretty obvious that the whole golf scene was a hallucination anyway.