The Amazing Spiez!
The Amazing Spiez! (French: SpieZ! Nouvelle Génération) is a French/Canadian animated television series produced by the French company Marathon Media and the American company Image Entertainment Corporation. Originally broadcast on Teletoon. It is a spin-off of Totally Spies!.
The show first aired on one of its original channels, TF1, on April 1, 2009, although it had already begun airing on March 15, 2009, on Disney Channel (Asia).
The series was premiered and broadcast originally on Teletoon in Canada. Since September 2010, it premiered on weekdays at 6 am and 11:00 am. The series premiered internationally on Cartoon Network in the USA on April 26, 2010, at 8:30 am. After running 10 episodes the series moved to 5:00 pm. For Season 2, premieres were moved to 8:30 am.
Later, on May 25, 2012, it was announced that The Amazing Spiez! would premiere its series finale.
- Every episode mostly has the same storyline all over again, which makes it very repetitive.
- Some of the characters are pretty annoying and unlikable.
- Lee is an unlikeable leader and a loser who thinks he’s better than everyone else.
- Tami is a younger rip-off of Mandy.
- The show's villains are just incredibly generic and too unlikable.
- Lame humor and weak comedy.
- Annoying theme song.
- For some reason, they made Jerry shorter through a shrinking device in one of the episodes, but forgot to undo it, making Jerry look odd compared to Totally Spies.
- They hinted at a possible love story between Tami and Lee which goes nowhere.
- Some of the characters from Totally Spies! (such as Jerry) reappeared in this show as supporting characters.
- Good animation that is somewhat faithful to the main series.
- Marc and Lee, despite being the stereotypical "smart" and "lazy" guy, respectively, are enjoyable characters whose interactions are fun to watch.
- The crossover episode with the Totally Spies girls was decent.
- Tami’s character slightly improved in season two, being a little nicer to Megan and her brothers.