Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003, Seasons 6-7)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a 2003 reboot of the TMNT franchise. While the series was typically well received by fans, many of them agree that the last two seasons, dubbed Fast Forward and Back to the Sewer, respectively, are when the show went downhill. This page will only cover those seasons.
- As an attempt to keep the age rating low when the show was brought over from Fox to the CW, the show's dark tone is abandoned completely for a more lighthearted tone.
- Season 6 has a generic premise of the Turtles going into the future feels like filler.
- The art style changes divided several fans, and Back to the Sewer has mediocre redesigns for the Turtles (Though Turtles Forever uses these and improves upon them) and April. This was done to cut costs and tie into the 2007 CGI movie.
- Season 6 has a forgettable opener that tries to be modern and hip.
- Season 7 was incredibly rushed, only having 13 episodes and it's storyline was hardly developed.
- Forgettable new characters and villains, such as Cody Jones (ancestor of the one of the Turtles' allies, Casey Jones).
- Mediocre humor that can come off as unfunny at times.
- Does not acknowledge the events of season 5.
- None of the supporting cast return for Fast Forward aside from characters such as Splinter.
- Weak storylines in Season 6 and 7.
- This is one of the prime examples of Executive Meddling in TV standards.
- Much like Winx Club (Season 5-8), there is actually a perfect explanation, 4Kids refused to keep the show dark and demanded it to be lighthearted, so no blame can go on the creators.
- It was followed by the TV movie Turtles Forever was a massive improvement from these seasons and did end the series on a proper conclusion.
- The animation is still fine, despite not being as good as the animation in the first 5 Seasons.
- Amazing voice acting with all of the actors putting in so much power.
- Awesome theme song is Season 7.
- The characters such as the Turtles and Splinter were never flanderized and still keep their charm.
- The action scenes are still great and fun to watch, despit being toned down.
- There are some really good episodes such as Wedding Bells and Bytes.
The first 5 seasons was met with widespread acclaim. However, Season 6 and 7 were met with mixed to negative reviews.
It's not without it's fanbase. Some people do enjoy these seasons.