Talking Friends is a CGI animated web series based on the Talking Tom app. It was made by Disney in 2012, who collaborated with Outfit7 to make this series. It only lasted 10 episodes, making it short-lived.
The Talking Tom characters go on different numerous adventures each episode.
- The stories are average, lazy and poorly written.
- The concept of the plot wasn't executed that well.
- Mediocre CGI animation, with lots of animation errors and bland graphics.
- Some episodes have quite a lot of errors:
- In the episode "Foolf", one of Pierre's lines is randomly high pitched.
- The backgrounds are average.
- The lip syncing can look off at times.
- Generic theme song. In fact, it shouldn't even be considered a theme song since it’s only three seconds long, and the instruments just spaz you out and do whatever they want. And it doesn't have any lyrics, it just spouts random gibberish at the end.
- Bland voice acting.
- The songs are annoying and generic.
- As decent as the character designs can be, some designs, such as for Ginger and Angela, are kinda creepy.
- Pierre and Ginger are unlikable and annoying. Especially Pierre because he acts like a 'pro gamer' who calls everyone noobs all the time.
- The character designs are cute, and actually look like the characters from the apps.
- Some episodes are structured pretty good and have clever concepts.
- The idea to make Gina a stuffed animal was rather clever.
- Some episodes are quite good like "Rock the Catsbah" and "Tom After Tom" (which ended the show on a high note).
- Disney made another series based off an App called Where’s My Water? based on the same name of the app. While the episodes are still shorter (most of them are 2 minutes long) they have more episodes.
- The teaser for this show is Disney's first ever video on YouTube and episode 5 was once Disney's most popular video on YouTube.
- There is a restaurant based on Talking Friends located in Malaysia.
- This is the first and only time Talking Tom has appeared in a Disney cartoon. It's also the first time Tom has appeared in a cartoon itself.