Symbiosis Studio is an Indian animation studio located in Visakhapatnam, known for working in Season 3 of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Startrain, Bakerix, and Backwarder episodes only) and the second season of the Brazilian cartoon Oswaldo, but they were very criticized for their work in Miraculous Ladybug for the reasons listed in this page.
Why Their CGI Animation is Not Miraculous
- Their CGI animation in Miraculous Ladybug is inconsistent, compared to the brilliant animation from SAMG did to almost every episode of Miraculous Ladybug in Seasons 1-3, that looks like something from a Nick Jr. show, along with some parts looking incomplete, which is because it was outsourced and produced on a lower budget than the other episodes from the series.
- Their CGI models looked like plastic toys.
- Their rendering looks plastic and horrible.
- Their lighting is flat, but also with many shadows.
- In the episode Startrain, it has a lot of freezes to hide animation errors.
- They made inappropriate CGI animation in the episode Bakerix, which was eventually discovered by Zagtoon, which resulted in the studio being fired by them from its only season of Miraculous Ladybug.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Their traditional animation used on Oswaldo looks smooth.
Their work in Season 3 of Miraculous Ladybug was very criticized by the show's fans, for its lousy animation. Due to the inappropriate CGI animation in the third season's episode Bakerix that the studio was animated, Zagtoon fired the studio after that season and they didn't return for Season 4 as a result.