Summer of Our Discontent (The Suite Life of Zack & Cody)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Summer of Our Discontent is the second episode of the third season of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.
Zack becomes the nerd of his summer school class. Meanwhile, Cody gets a job at the Paul Revere Mini Mart.
Why It Sucks
- The episode is so mean-spirited. Zack tries to pass his summer school class, and gets picked on and called a nerd just because he says a correct answer to a question.
- It has a very bad message about how your peers will pick on you if you do well in a class, and they will like you if you get wrong answers and act up during class.
- The teacher does absolutely nothing when Zack gets bullied by the other students. Instead, she just gets mad with Zack.
- Even after Zack helps his peers with English homework, they still continue to give him a hard time.
- Not even Zack's mother Carey takes Zack's side about the situation and instead threatens him with military school.
- The subplot with Cody, London and Mr. Moseby was pretty pointless and does not help make the episode better at all.
- Wayne Wormser, a recurring character starting with this episode, did not have a good debut, as he’s seen as mean to Cody when he tried to get a job, and would only take him in if he gets a date with London.
- Horrible ending: the other students ask Zack to tutor them to help them pass an English test, which they all do. But the teacher decides to make the class harder, and all of the students (except Haley) blame Zack for that.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Haley is a somewhat likeable character as she doesn’t turn on Zack after the teacher raises the difficulty level.