Station 38: Let's Make a Movie (Ressha Sentai ToQger)
Let's Make a Movie (映画つくろう Eiga Tsukurō) is the thirty-eighth episode of Ressha Sentai ToQger.
The Ressha stops at a station under the power of Film Shadow, leading the ToQgers to help produce a rival movie to defeat the monster.
The ToQgers discuss their favourite movies before they arrive at the station at Touto Film Studio. While the ToQgers expect to see celebrities, they instead find themselves facing the Shadow Creep Film Shadow when he is chasing a movie producer. Though he overpowers the ToQgers, Film Shadow leaves after advising ToQ 1gou not to use the Hyper Ressha until they reach the climax of their second fight scene. After the producer introduces himself as Waraziro Bubaigawara, he gives the ToQgers a tour of the studio before finding the director and staff missing from the set of his movie Police Reporter Pestacore. Kagura offers herself as director, changing the genre and apparently driving off the actors with Akira called to play the film lead alongside Tokatti. Elsewhere, with Film Shadow still on his mind, Hikari investigates on his own and learns that the cast and the staff are actually being held hostage in Screening Room 3 by Film Shadow. Film Shadow appears on screen while revealing that he has been harvesting the nightmares of the abducted staff and actors to create his masterpiece Yamitto Monster Z to spread darkness in every movie theatre in Japan and beyond. But Kagura refuses to accept Film Shadow's movie as a genuine article as Right calls the Shadow Creep out of the movie screen to settle matters. As the fight commences, ToQ 5gou faces Film Shadow on her own before her teammates obtain the film reel and destroy it. Though Film Shadow expected ToQ 1gou to use the Hyper Ressha, he is instead defeated by a Security Guard variation of the Rainbow Rush and then destroyed by ToQ Rainbow after attempting to subject the ToQgers to a horror movie-themed illusion. Later, the ToQgers learn that Bubaigawara finished his movie using the footage of Kagura's directing and their fight with Film Shadow to create a box office success.
Why We're Not Making a Movie
- The plot of the episode was boring: it's about ToQgers helping to produce a rival movie to defeat the monster.
- Kagura/ToQ 5gou (Pink Ranger) did a bad job at being the director.
- It focuses on Hikari Nonomura/ToQ 4gou (Green Ranger)'s poor acting.
- The monster of the day from this episode (Film Shadow) was awful.
- The fight scene where Film Shadow tortures the five core ToQgers by burning them alive and attacking them by using special effects, and there's another scene where Hyper Ressha Gattai is getting tortured with horror movie-themed illusion.
- Kagura/ToQ 5gou changes the genre of the movie Police Reporter Pestacore to make it more cute and fashionable, which is a downright silly idea.
- The ending was mediocre.
- This episode avoided product placement (example: Toho Movie Studio becomes Touto Film Studio)
- It's not as bad as this episode because it's without nudity in a kids' show.