Starman3 Gets 5,000 Subs! (SMG4 Bloopers)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"One episode I sincerely wish IT DID NOT EXIST.'"— Dean0 Rocks316
Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Starman3 Gets 5,000 Subs! is the 44th episode of the second season of SMG4. This episode aired on August 5, 2012.
Starman3 surpasses 5000 subscribers on his YouTube channel. Mario and friends decide to celebrate.
Why You Shouldn't Subscribe to Starman3
- Like the previous SMG4 Joins the YTR, it's basically nothing other than a shameless and weak promotional video to promote something, this time being Starman3 himself, who would later end up gaining a lot of controversial related stuff later on in his life.
- It makes this worse when accordingly to many former members of the YTR as well as people that were friends with SMG4 was said that Starman3 forced SMG4 to make this, as well as the earlier promotional video, SMG4 Joins the YTR, and have his recolor overall appear in several of the videos SMG4 was making, while also forcing SMG4 to make him this "gary-stu" type of character, he would also get upset whenever SMG4 doesn't do so around this time, thus a fallout between the two happened around Mid 2013.
- Although unlike SMG4 Joins the YTR, there is no idea credit on the description, but there has been some debate that Starman3 was secretly the one that came up with the idea due to the forcing he did with SMG4 around this time, plus why would SMG4 made it out of his own free will when there were other SM64 YouTubers that were more popular than him and Starman3 at the time, the likely theory is that Starman3 might've told SMG4 not to credit him for the idea so it wouldn't come off as "off-putting" but made it look like SMG4 did it for his own free will so it'd look like he has a lot of respect.
- Very weak jokes such as Mario forcing Toad to congratulate Starman3 getting 5000 subs, CrimsonMan5 spazzing out all over, Mario forgetting to go to Bowser's celebration party over 100 subs, etc. etc.
- Taking away his real life controversies, Starman3 is a pretty bland as a character here, not having much to do other than be the supposed "voice-of-reason" type, and also hardly doing much within' the actual plot itself.
- Mario's somewhat unlikeable in this episode, legit ruining the congrats video with his own instructions video for gay people placed through part of it, forcing Toad to congratulate Starman3 that he got 5000 subs with a pistol, and also not even throwing a party for Bowser for getting 100 subs despite promising him it.
- Plot Hole: They never exactly explain why SMG3 even bothered to bake a cake with a bomb inside of it to kill them, some could argue it was done to get revenge on Mario and SMG4 in the past episodes, they still never exactly explain why so.
- Unlike SMG4 Joins the YTR, there's at least a few slightly funny jokes here and there, such as them finding out it was actually Luigi at the beginning when they attempted a surprise party, the toilet scene of Enzo and CrimsonMan5. Plus some of the other YouTubers have more to do within' the actual plot itself.
- Although it never exactly explained why SMG3 even bothered even bothered to bake a cake with a bomb inside of it to kill them, he actually managed to succeed in his plan without anything that removes the victory, something that hasn't really been done in the majority of his appearances, so it feels nice and refreshing to see him win for once.
- Four words: FORGET ABOUT THAT DAY!
- It's the first and only time SMG4 hosted another YouTuber's subscription goal.