Star Wars Resistance
Star Wars Resistance is an American animated series taking place in the sequel trilogy of Star Wars, the show is aimed at a younger audience and is focused more on comedy than the previous Star Wars shows. premiered on October 7, 2018 and ended on January 19, 2020. It is notable for receiving overwhelmingly negative feedback when the first trailer was revealed.
- The biggest problem with the show is that the main protagonist, Kazuda Xiono, is overall an unlikeable character because of his awkward interactions with other characters, painfuly dumb mistakes and poorly thought out plans.
- The Humor tries too hard to be funny and make the show appeal to kids but most of the jokes just fall flat.
- There is also some occasional toilet humor which feels out of place in the Star Wars world.
- Features Neeku, an extremely annoying and uninteresting character who hardly helps the other characters at all.
- Often predictable or stupid episode plots.
- While the concept of the animation being 2d drawn but edited to appear 3d is interesting, the lighting and shading look terrible.
- The plot itself doesn't really make much sense and we don't know much about Kazuda's backstory.
- The first half of season 2 had so many filler episodes that you could say there aren't any non-filler episodes in that half and that if you watch all the episodes in the first half of season 2 out of order, you could still understand it completely fine!
- Some of the newer episodes end of cliffhangers that never get resolved.
- The show trying to be light-hearted and heavy on comedy can be distracting from the story.
- The art style is still creative if the lighting looks off. Speaking of which, the animation improved a bit in season 2.
- Not all episodes are predictable, there are some pretty good ones.
- There are some new likeable characters in it. Neeku also got more tolerable in season 2.
- The reveals and plot-twists are actually pretty well set-up and surprising.
- Some genuinely funny moments here and there.
- The last half of Season 2 was actually pretty good.
- We do get to know more about the Resistence in the Star Wars universe, Kylo Ren is also in it.