Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (SpongeBob SquarePants)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy is the 129th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
Plankton disguises himself as Sandy to steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula.
Why It Tells The Writers "Ohhhh... Try Again!"
- First and obvious reason because of the image, the episode is basically an episode where Sandy, the show's main female character, is made fun of by everyone in Bikini Bottom.
- The Bikini Bottomites are inconsistently portrayed, as the police arrest Sandy for public nudity (even though Sandy technically isn't naked but wearing only her bra and panties, which looks basically no different from her usual bikini she normally wears in her treedome), even though there are several Bikini Bottomites who either always wear a bikini or never wear any clothes at all, hence showing off real hypocrisy.
- Also instead of letting Sandy explain situations, they arrest her without fair trail. This proves that how corrupt those policemen are.
- Sandy eating with her mouth open and peeling off her skin are very disturbing moments.
- On top of that, "Sandy", which is basically a makeshift robot made out by Plankton out of Sandy's fur, is incredibly creepy and unsettling to look at since it makes "Sandy" come off looking like a lifeless zombie due to her hollow eye and mouth areas. Not helping is the way "Sandy"' walks as Plankton controls it which is very zombie-like.
- Sandy's overall furless appearance is incredibly repulsive to look at that it could already give all the characters of Almost Naked Animals a run for their money. Even Plankton himself is aware of how repulsive Sandy's furless appearance is via his line "What in Neptune's ocean is that repulsive thing?!".
- Speaking of which, the scene where Sandy takes off her fur before taking a shower is not only disturbing, yet it makes no sense, even by SpongeBob SquarePants standards, since it is impossible to remove animal fur from the animal in one piece unlike human clothing, yet it is needlessly impractical as well, since Sandy could've just kept her fur on and wash it altogether in the shower instead of washing both her fur and her bare skin separately.
- SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, Larry the Lobster and the the Bikini Bottomites are complete idiots for believing that Plankton is Sandy, even though it's blatantly obvious right in front of them.
- The scene where Mr. Krabs leaves his Krabby Patty formula in the kitchen, which caused Plankton to jump with joy and reveal himself to SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs, and yet they still think its Sandy.
- All these scenes where the Bikini Bottomites are complete idiots for believing that Plankton is Sandy in this episode are even more flimsy than usual, because Patrick Star, the only known "dumb character" in the entire show since the show's golden era, is absent in this episode. In fact, you could replace Larry the Lobster or any of the dumb Bikini Bottomites with Patrick Star and the plot still wouldn't change in the slightest.
- Plot holes:
- When the police saw Sandy naked, for some reason they don't arrest her immediately, but rather later, after Plankton is defeated.
- When Plankton uses Sandy's fur as a robot, the Bikini Bottomites such as Larry the Lobster somehow failed to notice Plankton using her fur all the way to the voice and the plan.
- After Plankton blacked out due to there being no water in Sandy's suit and the latter literally walked all the way back to her house for about twenty minutes, Plankton survived without any water for some reason.
- For some strange reason, when the Bikini Bottomites make fun of Sandy for her lack of fur, they call her names like "naked chipmunk", "hairless goat", "nudist ferret", etc. and even refer to her furless body as her "pink rat flesh", despite that all of them are obviously sea creatures, and therefore would've no idea what these land creatures actually are, especially when none of these aforementioned land mammals ever showed up in previous episodes.
- Apparently it is possible to remove Sandy's fur, as if it was some suit... even though fur is part of a squirrel's body.
- For some reason, Sandy doesn't take her spacesuit with her, despite that it wasn't stolen by Plankton.
- Somehow, SpongeBob doesn't question the fact that Sandy is not wearing her suit, even though he should know that Sandy would not survive underwater without her suit.
- The episode is a rehash of "Imitation Krabs" from season two, as both episodes are about Plankton disguising as a main character to try and steal the secret formula from the Krusty Krab and SpongeBob initially trusting the imposter until the end of the episode.
- To add salt to the wound, this isn't the only episode which rips-off "Imitation Krabs" from season two, as there are two more episodes from Season 7 which would also rip-off said episode with Plankton disguising as other characters to steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula such as "Gramma's Secret Recipe" (this time disguising as Grandma SquarePants) and "Shellback Shenanigans" (this time disguising as Gary the Snail), hence showing how lazy and unoriginal the writing for Season 7 of SpongeBob SquarePants is.
- Plankton's generic plan to steal the secret formula like most other episodes that has him in them.
- While the "Ohhhh... Try Again" quote may be funny, it can get annoying to those pretty quickly.
- Wasted Opportunity: It is an episode in which Plankton gets an extremely obvious chance to sneak into Sandy's head and finally give some proper screen time to her brain in the process but completely fails to properly take advantage of it.
- Misleading title: Sandy wasn't in the kitchen at all. Plankton took her fur and uses it throughout the whole episode.
- Horrible ending: Sandy finally defeats Plankton and gets her fur back, only for the police to arrest her for public nudity, as stated in WIS#2, which just showcases how much of hypocritical idiots the cops are in these seasons.
- It just oozes more of these seasons' tendency to torture any main character just to run 11 minutes of contrived plot.
- A few funny moments and lines.
- At least Plankton gets his comeuppance by Sandy in the end.
- The way Sandy eats her Krabby Patty is creative. It was even referenced in Moon Farm from Phineas and Ferb!
- This is basically the first and only SpongeBob episode where Sandy was officially arrested, which the first time she was supposed to be arrested was from The Great Snail Race for kicking SpongeBob's butt, even though it was removed to save time.