Sirens (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)
Sirens is the fifth third of the 5th season of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
As Marcula and Carl continue to try and rent out the Aqua Teens' house, a trio of sirens move in. Carl is attracted to the sisters and goes to desperate lengths to get with them.
Why It Sucks
- This episode takes place during an arc where Marcula keeps the Aqua Teens hostage, while him and Carl try to rent out their house. While Carl is usually a hilarious character, he unfortunately doesn't do a good job at carrying the episode by himself, and his supporting cast doesn't help matters either. The Aqua Teens' presence is missed.
- The sirens are boring and unfunny villains, particularly Chrysanthemum and BJ Queen. Their singing throughout the episode gets annoying and old quick.
- Shock and gross out humor, featuring John Kruk being skinned, and Carl being desperate enough to slice off his own nipples to win over the sirens. Why exactly did the writers think that was funny?
- The only other humor in the episode focuses on Carl's desperate horniness, which is just repetitive and pathetic rather than amusing.
- Carl singing while drunk is definitely a highlight of the episode.
- John Kruk's introduction after the first two sisters is unexpected and hilarious.