Screechers Wild! (also known as Opti-Morphs (机甲兽神之爆裂飞车) in the original Chinese version) is an anime-styled Chinese animated television series developed by Alpha Animation Group and adapted from the eponymous toyline. It is a spin-off of The Mechnimals. The series debuted in 2016 in China, receiving an English dub of the first season in 2018 that was made available on an official YouTube channel, and that same year it also aired in some other countries including Cartoon Network in Latin America.
Xander and his brother Ringo are Screecher Racers living and battling in the futuristic Zephyr City. They'll have to team up with their morphing car partners as they work to stop the snobby Ronan and his cronies from acquiring energy coins to take over the world!
Why It Sucks
- It rips off shows like Medabots, Transformers, Turning Mecard and even Beyblade.
- With the exception of Xander, Zeta, Ronan, Snowygirl, Dark Blair and the Screechers (except for Sparkbug and Monkeywrench) ALL the other characters on the show are overly stupid, immature and annoying, which makes the show have an exaggerated and unnecessary amount of characters as comic relief.
- The animation is really bad, especially for 2016 standards, often with a inconsistency in the animation with some episodes appearing to have traditional animation and others being animated in flash with robotic movements.
- The 3D animation for the Screechers is also horrible, looking more like a animation you would see in the 90s than in 2016.
- Exaggerated and forced use of funny anime expressions, sometimes making the characters look like monsters. Probably a attempt to imitate the One Piece animation.
- More than half of the episodes are just unnecessary filler that do not have any continuity.
- The show exists only to promote a toy line that is a rip-off of Turning Mecard toy line.
- The comedy is so forced and exaggerated that it ruins every moment when the show tries to be serious or dramatic.
- The opening (both in the Chinese version and in the English dub) gives spoiler of scenes from the final episodes.
- The end of the show was somewhat rushed with very few episodes reveal the origin of Screechers and also show the defeat of Dr. Odis.
- Speaking of Dr. Odis, he is an extremely cliche villain with no build up, and has no other motivation than "capture the Screechers".
- Because the series was a failure in the west, the English dub has been discontinued with only the first season made available outside of China.
- Xander is a likeable protagonist. Zeta and Jayhawk are also decent characters.
- Some moments are funny.
- Many of the Screechers are really cool.
- The opening theme song in English dub is more catchy and better than the original Chinese.
- The art style is really very good and resembles a real anime.
Screechers Wild scored a 7.1/10 on IMDb, and recieved an 87% on Google.