Sam & Cat
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sam & Cat is a short lived American teen sitcom created by Dan Schneider that aired from June 8, 2013, to July 17, 2014 on Nickelodeon. It is a crossover spin-off/sequel of both iCarly and Victorious.
Why It Sucks
- Poor grasp on the source materials of both BTSW and BTSW, just like another terrible Nickelodeon show.
- Compared to characters from iCarly like Spencer, T-Bo and Gibby, Sam proves to be the least qualified to have her own show.
- It was pretty unnecessary since iCarly already has a crossover episode with Victorious that aired back in 2011.
- Sam and Cat's personalities have been ruined because of LCW:
- LCW has gone from a bad girl with a heart of gold to a downright mean-spirited, short-tempered bully who couldn't care less about anyone or anything.
- LCW has gone from a dimwitted, but soft-hearted girl to a completely dimwitted, whiny girl whose high-pitched voice is now very annoying and tiresome.
- Other characters are unlikable as well.
- Dice is a LCW.
- Goomer is an extremely annoying idiotic comic relief who always gets played-out.
- Graphically unfunny, mean-spirited, trashy, and forced humor that can get too disturbing and/or inappropriate for children and even teens. This is especially bad when considering that one of the shows it is based on, iCarly, is known and beloved for its comedy.
- Lousy acting, especially from Ariana Grande and Zoran Korach.
- The show is quite unrealistic and needs a reality check. This is quite bothering for older viewers. See below:
- Major plothole: How come Sam and Cat haven't gotten shut down or arrested for running an unlicensed babysitter service according to the episode, "#BabysittingCommercial"? ("Sam & Cat’s Super Rockin’ Fun-Time Babysitting Service is not licensed. Sam and Cat are not legal adults. The young children who appeared in this commercial were paid and told what to say. Sam and Cat claim no legal responsibility for the safety of your children. Sam has a criminal record." — The commercial.)
- "News News News News" from "#DroneBabyDrone", "#WeStealARockStar" and "#SuperPsycho" is a stupid name for a news show. Even a five-year old could come up with a more creative name.
- In "#FirstClassProblems", Goomer constantly makes the situation worse. Later, he and Dice argue by speaking gibberish. Quality writing, huh?
- There's also the fact that in that episode, the whole misunderstanding came from the last name of the kids (Baums). Since when is that a last name?
- Sam also gives the kids "aqua toilette", which is obviously toilet water.
- The joke where Goomer brings the timers for the Baums, and everyone thinks he said bombs. This joke is extremely annoying.
- In "#BrainCrush," there's a forced comedic scene where Sam gets a door shut on her fingers and Cat asks if she wants her to open the door instead of immediately opening the door.
- "#StuckInABox" has a disturbing scene when Goomer and Dice think Sam killed Vance Anderson because of the blood spilling. (It was really a can of red paint.)
- Sam screaming at the top of her lungs at Cat in "#MotorcycleMystery" is extremely obnoxious and repetitive.
- Sam and Cat are supposed to be friends, yet they fight like cats and dogs (no pun intended).
- Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande have horrible on-set chemistry and even had terrible off-set chemistry. Either way, it painfully shows in the series.
- The kids that Sam and Cat babysit are unlikable spoiled brats who do not accept middle-class standards. This would be understandable for the occasional kid, but this applies to nearly every kid the pair babysits.
- The show can get very inconsistent at times. For example, in "#FavoriteShow", Sam watches Drake & Josh, which would imply that it's a show that exists within the universe of the show. However, later, in "#SuperPsycho", Sam and Cat pass by Crazy Steve in the hospital. Does this mean that Drake & Josh takes place in the same universe as Sam & Cat while also being a TV show?
- "#MyPoober" ends with Sam and Cat abandoning the child they were supposed to take care of in a cemetery. How are these two not in prison for this?
- The conflict in the episode “#SalmonCat” doesn’t even make sense. Sam and Cat are threatened with losing their babysitting service all because their names are slightly similar to an old cartoon. If anything, that should be more of a coincidence than something worthy of a lawsuit!
- The show teaches kids bad morals because it was a spinoff of two amazing Nick sitcoms. Just like two other terrible TV shows that are cartoons, and it encourages people to do stuff like:
- Child abandonment
- Being irresponsible
- Being immature
- Being a jerk
- Taking advantage of others
- Breaking rules
- Not learning from your mistakes
- It's extremely pessimistic. Goomer, for example, is so pessimistic that he's no fighter (which doesn't even make sense considering that he's a professional MMA fighter).
- Kel Mitchell is extremely annoying for some people when he guest stars in "#PezzyB".
- He sings an excruciatingly terrible song that has some of the worst lyrics in any song, let alone one written for a sitcom.
- His character is called Peezy B, which is a dumb name for a rapper. It basically copied another rappers name, called peezy. (They should have sued.)
- The final episode, "#GettinWiggy", is an awful way to end the show.
- The Jerry Trainor cameos. He even reprises his role as “Crazy Steve” from BTSW in "#SuperPyscho".
- Dice and Nona are pretty tolerable characters.
- The show will often have a character from many of Dan Schneider's previous shows return to have either a small cameo or the occasional spotlight.
- Ariana Grande thankfully focused more on her singing career after the show's cancellation.
- Some good episodes here and there, three of which being "#TheKillerTunaJump", "#SuperPsycho", and "BTSW".
- Sometimes, the show can have a decent joke or two.
- One episode guest stars Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams in what is essentially a Laverne and Shirley reunion.
- The theme song is quite catchy.
- Some characters from iCarly and Victorious return in certain episodes.
- Freddie, Marissa Benson, Jade and Robbie return in "#TheKillerTunaJump".
- Sikowitz returns in "#MommaGoomer".
- Nora, Gibby and Nevel return in "#SuperPyscho".
- Sinjin returns in "#BlooperEpisode".
- Many fans of this show have considered it to be the last decent show on Nickelodeon before it went temporarily downhill.
- Unlike this show, Sam & Cat were still likeable in the two original shows themselves.