Rubberman (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)
Rubberman is the third episode of the 7th season of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Carl rakes used condoms into the Aqua Teen's yard, which gives Frylock the idea to construct a duck like creature out of them to promote safe sex. Meatwad brings the creation to life by putting Carl's lamp on it, leading to them developing a friendship. However, things take a turn for the worse when Meatwad is influenced to commit crimes.
Why It Sucks
- The general premise of the episode is nonsensical and stupid, even by Aqua Teen standards.
- While Frylock doesn't always have the best judgement ("Total Re-Carl" and "Dickesode" are examples), his idea to create Lance is horribly dumb, especially for someone of his intellect.
- Lance Potter (aka Rubberman) is an unlikeable villain, who spends the entire episode manipulating Meatwad into stealing, drug use, and harming others.
- Though Meatwad has always been prone to manipulation throughout the series, his gullibility and stupidity makes him an unlikeable and frustrating character in this episode.
- Most of the jokes in the episode rely on gratuitous violence and shock humor, mainly pertaining to Meatwad performing unsavory deeds for Lance. The violent scenes featuring Meatwad stealing body parts or killing people are just disturbing and forced.
- While the show typically thrives off of Carl's suffering, it is unamusing and unpleasant to see Meatwad saw his arms off.
- The Rubberman song is a stupid and unfunny parody of the Frosty the Snowman song. To make matters worse, the song is set to cringeworthy scenes of Meatwad maiming or killing people.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- The ending scene with Carl trying to call a hospital without arms is funny.