Robyn Byrd (2018-present)
Robyn Byrd (born 1980) is a cartoonist and one of the two sexual harassment victims of the creator of Nickelodeon's The Ren & Stimpy Show, John Kricfalusi in the 90s who speak out against him on a BuzzFeed article in 2018. When she was in her infamous relationship with John Kricfalusi in the late 90s and early 2000s, she worked to John's now-defunct animation studio, Spümcø, on projects like The Ripping Friends and the flash-animated 2002 Yogi Bear short to Cartoon Network, Boo Boo and the Man. In 2018, she participated in the crowdfunded documentary Happy Happy Joy Joy: The Ren & Stimpy Story, released two years later, in 2020. Unlike people who defend, support, and say good things about her, she's in fact a terrible role model for victims of sexual harassment in animation, and her behavior can be compared to a rabid hater.
Why She Sucks
- She is not the same person John Kricfalusi thinks she's still a good-hearted kind of person said he was an influence for her, wanted to work at Spümcø, made her get rid of drugs and he wanted her to give a call to him when she sees the Ren & Stimpy documentary before she became a victim of him and accused John K. of sexual harassment in 2018, she currently is a terrible victim of sexual harassment of him and also a terrible role model to people were sexually harassed in the animation industry, who does not behave like a decent victim of sexual harassment.
- She calls John Kricfalusi's fans trolls, which can be offensive and insulting to his fans who still like him despite his controversies.
- She said Chris Savino's apology was first posted with a selfie, which is false, since Savino's apology was posted only with the apology page on Facebook before being taken down hours later.
- She also said to received threats from John Kricfalusi on Twitter, under the name of JimmySpumko on April 6, 2018, that actually JimmySpumko is not John Kricfalusi's Twitter account, that the fake account was created by an internet troll user and not by John K. since he no longer has an account on Twitter.
- Recently, she made a horrible and controversial petition on Change.org, with 12,000 signatures so far, to prevent ViacomCBS from rebooting Ren & Stimpy on Comedy Central, according to her, the reboot will cause trauma and endanger fans and the crew who worked in the original series, which is ridiculous and also wrong, since some fans gave a chance to the Ren & Stimpy reboot on Comedy Central, not being endangered and having hope that the reboot will work and even the directors of Happy Happy Joy Joy: The Ren & Stimpy Story documentary (the same documentary she was involved) were happy with the news of the Ren & Stimpy reboot on Comedy Central. According to her, the Ren & Stimpy reboot was shelved, thanks to her petition, despite she said was confirmed by several sources, but in reality was not confirmed by these sources and she didn't show a link with proof saying it was shelved, since according to Billy West himself, the reboot is still going, but the reboot's production was delayed due of COVID-19.
- Speaking of said petition, she said possibly the reboot will bring John Kricfalusi back or bring him in a spotlight in the reboot, using the reboot to lure children and with his confidence, abuse them, according to what she says in her horrible petition: “This man used Ren & Stimpy to lure young people to his studio and into his confidence, only to abuse them, stunt their careers, and molest young girls. He WILL DO IT AGAIN.”, despite is not true, since it was noted that John Kricfalusi will not be involved with the reboot, proving she's lying about Kricfalusi's involvement with the reboot, in reality, he is not going be involved with the reboot at all. The same goes for the original crew of the original 1991 series that wasn't called by ViacomCBS and would not be involved with this reboot (except Billy West and a few writers of the original series).
- She supported the infamous MeToo movement in a 2018 tweet.
- In the same tweet she says the Ren & Stimpy reboot was shelved, when a user called Graham doubted her about the several sources confirming the reboot was shelved she said (despite not having linked any source confirming that), she insulted him saying: Your moms, showing she is inconsiderate with others and takes her behavior as a victim of sexual harassment not seriously.
- She gets very triggered when anything positive related to John Kricfalusi happens, like giving a bad message to Nickelodeon Animation Studio on Instagram, because they liked John Kricfalusi's Instagram posts and wanting Adult Swim to stop airing John Kricfalusi's bumpers.
- On her Twitter account, TopographicFish, she makes tweets looking like were written by a rabid hater or a 5-year old child, not by a victim of sexual harassment and for some reason, she writes John K. name with a hashtag in some of her tweets.
- She attacked a person called Ryan Barrett on Facebook, just because he accepted John's apology.
- She can't handle negative criticism against herself, when discovered Miraheze user MariaJúlia1718, criticized Robyn on Twitter, for calling John Kricfalusi a manipulator and threatening to hack her account (which luckily Maria didn't do this) on the Cartoon Brew article on John's apology on June 4, 2018, resulting Robyn's supporters attacking Maria and Maria herself deleting the tweet as a result, as well both Robyn and Maria blocked each other on Twitter to avoid more problems, and yet Robyn wasn't criticized for making a tasteless mention to people being murdered in the same tweet not handling negative criticism from Maria Júlia. She also blocked one of Maria Júlia's friends, Saxon Pezzolla on Twitter for other different reasons.
- Because of the reasons listed above, as she has not yet suffered karma from her actions or her supporters and even the directors of Happy Happy Joy Joy: The Ren & Stimpy Story documentary, Ron Cicero and Kimo Easterwood and John Kricfalusi himself are not aware that she's a horrid SJW.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Although she is still an awful sexual harassment/pedophilia victim of John Kricfalusi, she did speak out against the horrible things that John K. did to the minors like her in the 90s, in 2018.
Although people in the animation industry like Rebecca Sugar, Lauren Faust, Vanessa Coffey and Bob Camp supported her or supported her petition demanding the cancellation of the Ren & Stimpy reboot on Comedy Central (in the case of the former two), as well the directors of the Happy Happy Joy Joy: The Ren & Stimpy Story documentary, Ron Cicero and Kimo Easterwood siding with her, but not her petition, she was very criticized by some Ren & Stimpy fans, due of she doesn't take seriously as a victim of John K's sexual harassment, but also for her controversial petition on Change.org wanting Ren & Stimpy's reboot on Comedy Central getting cancelled.
- Despite being a cartoonist, she is also an ESL and writing teacher, a Ph.D. in Linguistics, a writer, and a singer.
- She wrote the Boo Boo and the Man short with John Kricfalusi, also she worked in the flash shorts of The Jetsons, Father and Son Day, and Quisp's Your Breakfast Serial made at Spümcø.
- Her favorite cartoon is Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh.
- She interviewed Spümcø animator Jim Smith in the 2000s or in the 1990s, that was posted in an unofficial Spümcø website in 2006.