Ricky Sprocket: Showbiz Boy
Ricky Sprocket: Showbiz Boy is a Canadian animated television series created by David Fine and Allison Snowden and produced by Teletoon. It first aired on Teletoon on August 31, 2007, before making its debut on the American Nicktoons on January 21, 2008. Reruns continued to air on Nicktoons until April 5, 2010.
The show follows 10-year old child star Ricky Sprocket as he goes through everyday life and showbiz life.
- Atrocious character designs that look like they were stolen from Corneil and Bernie (Another Nicktoons show).
- One episode revolved around burping. Seriously? That is so disgusting.
- One of the characters who is a news reporter, Vanessa Stimlock, is extremely annoying.
- Bad and bland story-lines.
- It rip-offs Being Ian, another Canadian cartoon.
- Ricky's scream is very excruciating to hear.
- The paparazzi (or his fans) never leave Ricky alone as Vanessa Stimlock and her crew tend to stalk and harass Ricky, his friends, and family over extremely minor things, as some of the news reports on Ricky aren't even that newsworthy or important, like getting a C- on a history test.
- Ricky could be considered a Butt-Monkey since he gets abused all the time.
- Mediocre voice acting.
- Ricky's dad, Leonard, can sometimes get mad at Ricky over the smallest of things.
- Some moments are funny.
- Catchy theme song.
- Decent animation.