Rabbids Invasion (Seasons 1-3)
Rabbids Invasion (French: Les Lapins Crétins : Invasion) is a French animated television series that premiered on August 3, 2013, on France 3. The series is a co-production of Ubisoft Motion Pictures, TeamTO and CNC. The show is based on the Raving Rabbids video game series produced by Ubisoft.
The Rabbids from Ubisoft's "Raving Rabbids" video game series star in their own television series. They explore Earth and discover new things.
- First of all, the Rabbids are completely flanderized, they went from naive and funny characters into idiotic and very annoying creatures, causing mayhem and yelling most of the time.
- The Rabbids are also mean-spirited, a good example is when they interfered with a marriage. The Rabbids are animal abusers, too, an example is when they used the chickens' butts as egg shooters in Omelet Party.
- Additionally, the show was only made to cash in to the success of Despicable Me, a 2010 animated crime comedy that features the Minions.
- Much like the 2015 Minions movie, there are lots of fart and toilet jokes. In fact, that's what most of the comedy focuses on.
- While the Despicable Me franchise has these type of humor, they don't rely on it that much (except for mh:awfulmovies:Minions).
- The theme song is extremely bland.
- Many of the episodes are boring and generic and aren't as good as the Raving Rabbids games.
- The show has many attempts at being funny, but fails miserably doing so.
- The plot is barely existent, as most of the show consists of idiotic Rabbids and poorly executed jokes.
- Bland and awful characters.
- Passable CGI animation, which looks like the video game franchise it is based on.
- Decent sound effects and sound mixing.
- Good voice acting for the Rabbids and other characters.
- Catchy theme song, despite being bland and annoying.
- The fourth season is considered to be an improvement thanks to Aardman Entertainment (the company for Wallace and Gromit and Shaun the Sheep (a similar show like this) being involved.
- Speaking of that season, at least the Rabbids redeemed themselves and acted like their original counterparts.
Rabbids Invasion received mixed to negative reviews from critics and audiences alike. The series got a 5.0 on IMDb.
- Aardman, the studio behind Template:Best, were originally going to help produce the series.
- In China, it became the most watched TV show with over billions of views and counting.