Queer Duck is a flash-animated adult comedy TV series created by Mike Reiss of The Simpsons and The Critic fame that first premiered on Icebox.com in October 11, 2000 and ended in May 15, 2002. After the show got ended, it got a movie made in 2006.
Queer Duck is an animated cartoon (created in the United States of America) with 20 episodes talking about and poking fun of gay relationships, sex, poking fun of how gays have to deal with homophobic people, and poking fun of other issues.
Why It Sucks, Which Rhymes with Ducks
- Poorly written characters for this show:
- While Queer Duck has flamboyant design as a jab at homosexuals, why does he look like a womanǃ?
- Why is Bi-Polar Bear using black suits every time?
- Misleading running time for episodes: All the episodes in this show were supposed to last 22 minutes. Yet they made the last 2 minutes.
- The flash animation in this series looks more like a Brain Pop cartoon than a regular Icebox.com cartoon.
- Horrible voice acting, especially for Queer Duck himself.
- Too many horrifying and racist/offensive jokes such as:
- Queer Duck telling his parents his true story about his relationships.
- Another joke was when an alligator told a joke about his Coca-Cola days.
- Yet another one about Queer Duck lying about his nephew being dead.
- In the episode "Oh Christ!", a horse used homosexual spray to send Queer Duck to a church to see Jesus die on a cross. But Queer Duck tells a offensive joke to make Jesus even more dead.
- Horrible and ugly character designs that made Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island run for its money.
- Some episodes can teach bad morals:
- "Queer Doc"; teaches people that OK to talk with strangers. Which was a terrible moral.
- "B.S. I Love You"; teaches people that you need to steal everything at night without your parents' permission.
- "Gym Neighbors"; teaches people that you don't need to do any exercise at night while you're sleeping.
- The movie adaption is even worse.
- Despite the animation being crappy, it also be very creative sometimes.
- It can also have good and funny moments for all mature audiences.
Queer Duck received mixed reviews having a 75% on Google and a 5.6/10 on IMDb.
- The DVD of the entire show was very popular in some countries.