Power-Up Puff (The Powerpuff Girls, 2016)
"Power-Up Puff" is the tenth episode in the first season of The Powerpuff Girls (2016).
Buttercup and Bubbles "level up" during a fight and develop the ability to create solid energy constructs (bright blue for Bubbles, and bright green for Buttercup) in any shape or form they wish. As she loses patience in a battle, Blossom fully taps into her own abilities and develops the power to create bright pink energy constructs that unusually take on the shape of regular household items.
- The main problem with this episode is it's mean-spirited nature to Blossom as the townspeople make fun of her for not getting new powers, even calling her useless, as a result they come of as unlikable hypocrites as they don't even have powers.
- When Blossom walks home, she sees some messages such as "update yourself to the newest version" and "don't be old" both of which are only there to remind us and Blossom that she does not have new powers.
- The plot feels like a bland version of the original series' episode "Ice Sore", as it has Buttercup and Bubbles gaining new powers when levelling up with Blossom getting her powers at the end. The few differences are that Blossom was the girl with the new power in "Ice Sore", and she discovered it rather than gaining it after leveling up.
- Handful of filler scenes, such as Buttercup and Bubbles playing around and showing off their new powers with everyone.
- A little creepy scene where Bubbles' face has an allergic reaction to pimentos.
- Chef Schnitzel mutates his food just so he can win Sliced.
- Plot hole: The police could simply arrest Chef Schnitzel for causing his foods to mutate, but they didn't do that, since he gets away scot-free.
- It has a nice introduction of the girls' new powers based on their personality.
- Bubbles and Buttercup do try to cheer Blossom up and try to sympathize with her for a bit.
- Blossom finally gets her new powers at the end, the girls and her defeat the meatloaf monster and clean up the town - making the ending okay.
- The scene where Blossom sees Buttercup and Bubbles on the ground, defeated by the monster, she gets sad and realizes that despite her not getting new powers she must go fight the monster to protect the city including their sisters is a pretty touching moment, if relatable for people with brothers and sisters who must protect them no matter what.
- It holds a rating of 5.5/10 on IMDB.
- Sliced, the game show the girls were seen watching at the start is a reference to the 2009 Food Network show, Chopped.
- This episode reveals that Bubbles is allergic to pimentos.