Piggy Tales (seasons 3 & 4)
Piggy Tales is a clay animated television series by Rovio Animation. It focuses on the Pigs, the antagonists of Angry Birds, the birds' enemies and their arch-nemesis. The show ran from April 11, 2014 - May 30, 2019.
While the first & second seasons were much well received, Season 3-4 received negative-mixed reception from critics, reviewers & fans.
- Because of the 2016 CEO's involvement, these seasons remove & lack the charm that the first two seasons had with the pigs now using their movie forms and also no longer using the white/green background anymore.
- The Pigs have been completely flanderized to act more completely dumb instead of being the comical, crazy & loved green pigs we all knew.
- The clay animation was replaced by CGI animation in these seasons. The animation here went from amazing and clever to cheaper and dull.
- Even the backgrounds also got a downgrade. They went from the enjoyable white/green background to a show-like & blue sky background, which is not an out-place mix since the green pigs are supposed to be green (pun intended).
- Loads of bad episodes due to dull writing.
- These seasons feel completly disconnected from the previous 2 so they just used the movie designs and have CGI animation instead of stop motion animation.
- 4th street's city setting completly destroys the identity that Season 1-3 had by making it feel like a worse version of the piggy episodes from Angry Birds Toons.
- There are still some enjoyable episodes.
- "Pigs Can Fly" was a good way to end the show, as it shows a pig singing in style, and it also showed a fireworks saying "The End".
- Some fans can still enjoy these seasons.
- Although remade from both seasons, the theme song is still faithful to the previous 2.
- It was really cool how "The Final Curtain" revealed how seasons 3&4 are connected like how seasons 1&2 were.
- 3rd act's stage setting was a neat concept.
- On the fourth season's DVD, one of the bonus features featured 2 episodes from "Angry Birds Blues".