Pig Goat Banana Cricket
Pig Goat Banana Cricket (also abbreviated as PGBC) is an American animated television series created by Dave Cooper and Johnny Ryan for Nickelodeon. The show follows the interwoven adventures of the titular quartet. It premiered on July 16, 2015, after the 2015 Kids' Choice Sports Awards.
Why It Sucks
- The theme song is uncomfortable and it's basically voices of children shouting the names of the main characters to generic rock music.
- The "Plot" of each episode is nonsensical and doesn't make any sense at all.
- And Almost All Of The Episodes Are The Same Thing: The members do something together, then separate and star in their own sub-plots, and then reunite again in the end.
- The backgrounds are some of the ugly and the most disgusting things you will ever see in a show.
- The toilet humor is so overused. In one episode, one of the main characters gets out of a dude's rectum, and in the introduction, the characters surf on a wave of snot from giant monster. Also, Pig's subplot in "The Tooth of My True love" being the worst offender.
- Hideous art-style. Even though the character designs are supposed to reference the 1930s cartoons (ex. Mickey Mouse and Fleischer Studios), they actually came off as the characters that don't looks nothing what they are. For example, Cricket being looks more like an grasshopper.
- Lazy name building and writing. For example, its four main titular characters are a pig named Pig, a goat named Goat, a sentient banana named Banana, and a cricket named Cricket.
- Annoying voice acting. especially for Pig.
- Most of the characters are either unlikable, or annoying.
- Most of the jokes involve the main characters and background characters getting beaten up and abused in various ways. It gets old very quickly.
- The animation is good in some episodes (like "Fudgepocalypse").
- Speaking of which, the show does have a fair share of good episodes.
- But also, Yeson Entertainment did a great job animating the show
- Unlike most Nickelodeon shows, the show at least tries to appeal to modern kids because of his silly humor.
- While still bad, the show improved a bit in the second season.
- Before the series existed, there was a pilot episode there was a pilot episode that was much better.
- Upon the show's release, it was met with mixed-to-extremely negative reviews and sits at a 3.7/10 on IMDb. It is considered to be one of the worst shows Nickelodeon made.