Pencilmation is an American YouTube animation that uses 2D animation founded by Ross Bollinger. It is made to where if drawings came to life in a notebook. In late 2017 and early 2018, it became very popular and became one of the infamous YouTube Kids Cartoons and still is to this day.
- Much as you would've expected, they have clickbait. They use random series/games as thumbnails that are popular in this day and age, such as Squid Game, Undertale, and Poppy Playtime. They also use inappropriate thumbnails such as one stickman about to get drilled and that same stickman actually twerking behind a stick-lady. Yes, we are not kidding.
- Pencilmate in the modern videos looks absolutely nothing like any stickman. No other stickman would have a solid-color circle as their body.
- They show weird and creepy expressions to the point where it makes awful show designs like The Problem Solverz look supreme by comparison.
- Almost every plot for all episodes is either just childish, cliched, predictable, or even just disturbing. Examples are these:
- Pencilmate has to dance in front of a rapper, and predictably, he won by putting on some Kazoo! cover.
- Pencilmate and Mini Pencilmate (a yellow stick-kid) constantly keep blowing in a balloon, which causes the blue stickman to get a huge headache and to have some extremely disturbing dreams.
- Pencilmate pops some popcorn, and somehow the popcorn becomes alive; however, all of them burn in a very horrifying and terrible way.
- The episode is called "Unfarted Territory" which you can guess from the title alone how disgusting it is.
- In the episode "Don't Shoot the Massager" has a scene where the massager turns someone into pizza, then he cooks him in an oven, and guess what? He eats him, which is showing cannibalism, IN A KID'S CARTOON.
- Some stickmen have different designs and animations, which just look rigid.
- One video contains the issue of clickbait, which is ironic, and in a way hypocritical, considering the channel click-baits as well. Notably in the thumbnail where Sonic is seen racing with the Flash and the Roadrunner, but never happens in the video.
- Their videos are so long that they had to put so many ads for revenue.
- Pencilmate is an annoying idiot who causes trouble everywhere he goes, and he also is a really good example of a Butt-Monkey character.
- Pencilmiss (the pink stick-lady) is a detestable Mary-Sue, who always makes Pencilmate's life even harder than usual, and not to mention she's a ripoff of Princess Zelda's TV incarnation.
- As mentioned before, there are so many gross-out humor and some gross thumbnails, a really good example being a thumbnail with Pencilmiss farting in Pencilmate's face.
- The voice acting is obnoxious, also considering that there is barely any dialogue at all.
- The animation is usually pretty nice.
- Some kids may enjoy it after all, despite the weird clickbait thumbnails. They mostly don't have inappropriate content, unlike many other kids' channels.
- Hank Hanky is a great character. His spin-off, The Hank Hanky Show, is pretty funny.
- Some good episodes, such as Scrambled Legs, ''Shock and Roll'', and One For The Pages.
- Pencilmate and Pencilmiss can be likable at times.
- The episodes from before 2018 are decent, since the humor back then was great, and the episodes were more down-to-earth.
- Even after 2018, there are still some great jokes here and there. In fact, out of all the youtube kids channels, this one is the least bad.
- It was created in 2004, but they started uploading videos in 2009.