Pencilmation is a American YouTube animation that uses 2D animation founded by Ross Bollinger (wouldn't say he's responsible for it). It is made to where if drawings came to life on a notebook. In late 2017 and early 2018, it became very popular and became one of the YouTube Kids Cartoons and still is to this day.
- Much as you would've expected, they have clickbait, with inappropriate thumbnails such as one stickman about to get drilled and that same exact stickman actually twerking behind a sticklady.
- Pencilmate in the modern videos looks absolutely nothing like any stickman. No other stickman would a have a solid-color circle as their body.
- They show weird and creepy expressions to the point where it makes awful show designs like The Problem Solverz look supreme by comparison.
- Almost every plot for all episodes are either just childish, cliched, or even just disturbing. Examples are these:
- Pencilmate has to dance in front of a rapper, and predictably, he won by putting some Kazoo! cover.
- Pencilmate and Mini Pencilmate (a yellow stickkid) constantly keeps blowing in a balloon, which causes the blue stickman to get a huge headache and to have some extremely disturbing dream.
- Pencilmate pops some popcorn, and somehow the popcorn becomes alive, however, all of them burn in a very horrifying and terrible way.
- The episode called "Unfarted Territory" which you can guess from the title alone how disgusting it is.
- Some have different designs and animation, which just looks rigid.
- One video contains the issue of clickbait, which is ironic, and in a way hypocritical, considering the channel clickbaits as well. Notably In the thumbnail where Sonic is seen racing with the Radrunner but never happens in the video.
- Their videos are so long that they had to put so many ads for revenue.
- Pencilmate is an annoying idiot who causes trouble everywhere he goes, and is also a Butt Monkey-type of character.
- Pencilmiss (The pink sticklady) is a bully Mary-Sue cliche who ALWAYS beats Pencilmate and gives him a hard time.
- So many gross-out jokes and thumbnails such as one with PencilMiss farting in Pencilmate's face.
- The voice acting is obnoxious.
- Most of the cartoons that the channel makes actually have good animation.
- Some kids may enjoy it after all, despite the weird clickbait thumbnails, they mostly don't have inappropriate content, unlike many other kids channels.
- Back then, they used to be down-to-earth and weren't so money-driven.
- Some likable episodes, such as Scrambled Leggs and ''Shock and Roll''.
- Pencilmate and Pencilmiss can be likable at times.
- It didn't used to be this bad.
- It was created in 2007, but they started uploading videos in 2009.