Panda's Birthday (We Bare Bears)
Panda's Birthday is the 43rd episode of Season 4 of We Bare Bears and the 140th and final episode of the series before the movie came out the next year.
To make Panda's birthday better, Grizzly and Ice Bear take him to the hotel where the K-pop group Monsta X is staying. In their usual antics, Grizzly disguised himself as a bellhop, runs afoul of another bellhop who is hungry for tips, Panda finds himself hanging onto dear life outside the hotel and Ice Bear tries to protect the group from crazy members of Monbebe, the Monsta X fan club.
- What's probable the main reason for this episode being disliked is because it's a massive cliffhanger episode, making it feel more like a series continuity episode. As doesn't help it didn't resolve the finale issues, with the TV film finale We Bare Bears: The Movie, which was focusing on the bears going on a trip to Canada because they are kicked out of their house, was building up throughout the series.
- It is the reason why the movie didn't come out until 1 year after the show ended, which is awfully late since most Cartoon Network movies based on shows premieres normally premiere a few months or so after a season finale or maybe during the current season of a show is still running.
- The episode features the k-pop band Monsta X, which is an attempt at being hip and cool, when it actually fails.
- Rips off the SpongeBob SquarePants episode "Whale of a Birthday" because of the way they go to a hotel or restaurant for a character's birthday.
- Panda only cares about wanting to see his favorite band Monsta X on his birthday, showing how spoiled he has become.
- This episode is nothing but to only exist to ruin Monsta X's reputation and to cash in on rap music.
- cliffhanger ending: It's not confirmed how the bears are going to get home after they spent Panda's birthday in a hotel as his vacation gift for his birthday.
- This episode easily ends the show straight on a cliffhanger because we don't know how long the bears are going to stay in the hotel for Panda's Birthday.
- If the movie never existed, this show could have just got another season after this episode ended instead.
- None of the characters are unlikable in this episode, especially Panda, who is likable.
- Some of the songs are still great.
- the animation and the voice acting is good as usual .
- Many Monsta X fans may like this episode as much as they want to.
- Thankfully, when the movie came to Cartoon Network in 2020, it helped improve the series finale very strong so that this finale's not the sour ending.
- This episode aired one week after Star vs. the Forces of Evil and Game of Thrones ended.