Out of the Picture (SpongeBob SquarePants)
"Out of the Picture" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from Season 10.
In this episode, Mr. Krabs buys Squidward's art, but he has to get the artist out of the picture to make profit.
Why This Episode Should Be Out Of The Picture
- Let's start with the obvious, Mr. Krabs is trying to get Squidward "out of the picture" just to make money with his paintings, which is pretty disturbing for a kids show
- As you could sense in the previous point, this is only an 11-minute episode of torture to Squidward.
- Mr. Krabs in this episode feels VERY out of place and his flanderization has gone too far, because even though he is cheap, no one would think he would try to kill one of his employees with a mallet, because that's what he does.
- Another reason that he wants Squidward gone is when he prevents SpongeBob from helping Squidward.
- Bad Ending: The ending where Squidward and Mr. Krabs become "art" after the Krusty Krab's roof falls on them may be unsatisfactory to many people.
- Even without the non-Squidward torture jokes, the jokes in here is pretty lame such as Squidward's art being so bad it makes Larry's eyes get set on fire.
- The Art appraiser who motivates Mr. Krabs to kill Squidward so that the paintings will appreciate in value literally comes out of nowhere, making his appearance very forced.
- Squidward and SpongeBob are likable characters in the episode.
- "Rock Bottom" makes a reappearance in this episode, being a nice touch.
- Despite having Squidward torture, most of the jokes are funny.
- While bad, both Squidward and Mr. Krabs becoming a piece of art may be funny to some.
- Despite the bad ending, Mr Krabs does get his comeuppance for his actions.
- The title is pretty clever and fitting, as this episode is indeed about Mr. Krabs getting Squidward "out of the picture" over his pictures.
Out of the Picture received polarizing reviews, as there is a considerable level of people who either love or hate the episode. Fans are heavily divided on this episode, but with a 5.5/10 rating on IMDb and its infamous reputation, it is generally considered one of the worst episodes of season 10. A.S.K. Air considers this his worst episode of season 10 and is currently the most recent one to get a "Boo" rating. PieGuyRulz, however, loves this episode and says it is his fourth favorite of the season for being a very funny episode in his opinion, but does address Mr. Krabs going too far in the episode.