Out of Jimmy's Head
Out of Jimmy's Head is a show that aired on Cartoon Network from 2007-2008. It is based on AMW The show is live action with animated characters just like the movie.
Jimmy got hit by a train at Gollyworld. The only way to help him is to replace his brain. His brain belongs to Milt Appleday, a cartoonist. He is now able to see his cartoon characters.
Why It Sucks
- Unfunny, annoying and stupid jokes and humor, that are often fart jokes and toilet humor.
- Cliché plots. It doesn't even follow the events of the film.
- The cartoon characters have no important roles in any of the episodes.
- Horrible voice acting, even from actors such as Bill Dwyer and Dominic James.
- Some characters are downright hateful. Here are two examples: Jimmy is a boy who you won't put in middle school in real life. Craig enjoys using his friend for cash.
- It is really strange that Jimmy's sister is an alien, and their mom which is an astronaut who found her.
- There is a overused horrible laugh track that plays often. The story gets irritating after a while because of this laugh track.
- Robin and Craig Wheeler are "blackwashed". They were originally Asian in the film.
- Downright silly premise, even more than in the original film.
- Sonny Appleday is a disturbing and really pathetic villain, because he wants to get Jimmy's brain.
- It's never explained how Jimmy is able to automatically see cartoons.
- This show was what kick-started what's known as Cartoon Network's first dark age in the late 2000's and started the trend of live-action shows on a network focusing on animated programs, such as for example the infamous CN Real block in 2009, that were mostly mediocre and forgettable.
- Some plots make no sense. One episode for example involved Jimmy having a rollercoaster in his house, and it's about as weird as you'd expect it to be.
- The first 7 episodes had no laugh track.
- Everything else follows the film's source material.
- The show has a pretty catchy theme song.
- There was a rumor going around that this was once lost media. When it resurfaced on YouTube, it was called "Schizophrenic Jimmy" because of the premise.
- It was the only Cartoon Network series to be affected by the 2007 Writer's Guild Strike.