Operation P.I.N.K.E.Y.E. (Codename: Kids Next Door)
Private Investigator's New Kase Extra Yucky Epidemic
Operation: P.I.N.K.E.Y.E. is the first half in the seventh episode of Season 3 of Codename: Kids Next Door. It first aired on July 30, 2004 on Cartoon Network.
Numbuh 2 investigates a pink eye outbreak in Gallagher Elementary in a noir style. An epidemic of conjunctivitis (pink-eye) has taken several victims. Numbuh 2 must investigate if the cases are coincidental or if a certain nurse is causing them.
- This is a very disgusting episode, as it relies on gross-out humor for comedy, which barely works at all in the episode.
- Numbuh 86/Fanny Fulbright and Joe Balooka are both unlikable in this episode. Numbuh 86 because she was her mean self as always, and caused pain to Numbuh 2. Joe because he accused Numbuh 2 for giving everyone Pinkeye and hit him with a water balloon, although he does redeem himself near the end.
- There are many disgusting moments in the episode, like the Pinkeyes, the gross stuff from Nurse Claiborne’s deserts, and when Numbuh 86 sneezed at the end of the episode with her hands getting covered in phlegm.
- Many of the kids who got hit were all tortured, as their eye crust was used for Nurse Claiborne’s desert. Even Numbuh 86 and Joe don’t deserve this.
- Nurse Claiborne’s plan was so gross and sickening to hear, creating her desserts using eye crusts from kids, after giving them pinkeye.
- It also isn't helped by the fact that the kids who get infected have eye crust spread across not only their eyes, but their entire bodies.
- The reveal of Nurse Claiborne being the antagonist is predictable due to her being the only supporting character who wasn't infected earlier by the pinkeye, and it's made more obvious due to her wearing a cape.
- Disgusting ending where Numbuh 2 eats the deserts even after he finds out their ingredients, and also when Numbuh 86 sneezed, right after Numbuh 3 asked what the filling was made of.
- Numbuh 2 is still likable in this episode, as he helps out Joe after he got pinkeye, finds out about Nurse Claiborne’s plan, and with Joe’s help, defeated her.
- The detective scenario was a good idea, and would have worked better if the episode’s plot wasn’t so gross.
- Joe did help Numbuh 2 near the end, so he does redeem himself in the end.
- While the Nurse Claiborne escaped, the rest of the KND came and helped out the kids who were tortured, and are tracking Nurse Claiborne, and they also exposed her plan, ending her job with no chance of gaining another one.
- Joe and Nurse Claiborne would later reappear in the show, with much better roles as a hero and villain, respectfully.