O Gordo e o Magro (As Aventuras de Gui & Estopa)
O Gordo e o Magro (lit. The Fat and the Thin) is the 14th episode of the first season of As Aventuras de Gui & Estopa, originally premiered in 2012. The episode focuses on Gui becoming morbidly obese after eating too much and then losing weight after spending months exercising.
Why It Sucks
- Gui is more stupid than usual in this episode, starting the episode by eating a lot of fatty food at a fast-food restaurant for no reason and ignoring Cróquete's warnings for better nutrition.
- Gui is also portrayed as being gross at the beginning of the episode, both when he appear eating the fatty food and appearing afterwards morbidly obese.
- The joke about Gui wearing a cap and it being tight after he became morbidly obese doesn't make sense to anyone who doesn't know the characters since their first appearances on the Iguinho website where Gui wore a red cap all the time, unlike this series where the cap was removed.
- The end is very stupid with Gui using two hamburgers as dumbbells to work out at the restaurant (and trying to get attention by doing this) to the point that Cróquete, Estopa and the restaurant owner are extremely embarrassed.
- The part where Gui breaks the fourth wall asking the black screen that closes the episode to open and close following his exercises is also too random and unfunny.
- The episode although at first seems to send a positive message teaching that eating fatty food and getting fat is not healthy, but at the same time it gives a bad moral showing that exercising makes you look like a idiot.
- The title of the episode is a reference to Laurel & Hardy who in Brazil are referred to as O Gordo e o Magro.